Talk

Advanced search

Mark Ruffalo ('Hulk')

(10 Posts)
NowSissyThatWalk Thu 04-Jun-15 12:23:08

His comments on 'Anti - Feminist' movement has been going viral this afternoon smile

uk.yahoo.com/movies/mark-ruffalo-slams-i-am-not-a-feminist-internet-120683245351.html

MishMooshAndMogwai Thu 04-Jun-15 12:53:25

shock those comments!!

I'm by no means a radical 'shove it down your throat' feminist as they put it but I am APPALLED that both men and women have posted there in that way.

People really have no idea do they

sausageeggbacon11 Thu 04-Jun-15 12:59:34

Not surprised that one of the Avengers came forward with a pro feminist set of comments after the jokes a couple of the bigger stars said. I really hope he is saying this on his own but whenever a "star" says something I always worry it is being used for their image. After the comments by Renner and Evans I was waiting for someone to come forward as a counter balance. Cynical by press agents love to use things to make their clients look good.

Disastronaut Thu 04-Jun-15 13:13:16

"You bite the hand that has fed you freedom".

He's ace.

Also, in my head the name Mark Ruffalo is always followed by Party Buffalo, so obviously it's hard to dislike him anyway.

whatdoesittake48 Thu 04-Jun-15 17:10:56

Or 'the gruffalo'which I think every time I see him. ..

Whiskwarrior Thu 04-Jun-15 19:32:54

I shared that on Facebook a few days ago. I've shared quotes from him before and it was awhile back. I think he's wonderful and definitely not covering for Renner and Evans. I like to think he gave the two of them a verbal pasting actually.

HappyJustToBe Thu 04-Jun-15 20:10:52

I think he is quoting a blog post by Libby Anne, they are not his words.

Mark Ruffalo's tumblr

Obviously it is great he has brought it to a wider audience.

LeBearPolar Sat 06-Jun-15 15:16:12

Mark Ruffalo has spoken out before - most notably on a woman's right to choose an abortion - so I don't think he is sharing this just to try to deflect attention from Hawkeye and Captain America (grin). He seems to be very much in earnest about this rather than it just being a public relations ploy.

Wishful80smontage Sat 06-Jun-15 15:21:01

He's great isn't he. I've heard other comments he's made in the past also on a number of issues i think he uses his 'celebrity' for good and is just a passionate person.

FiveExclamations Sat 06-Jun-15 15:31:05

Found the Libby Anne post for anyone who is interested . He clearly credits it on his Tumblr post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now