Talk

Advanced search

Pensioner advertises for nude cleaner creepy story

(56 Posts)
TriggersBroom Thu 28-May-15 23:48:43

www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Regional-news-pensioner-advertises-local-shops/story-26589897-detail/story.html

facebook page comments

Have name changed as I try not to link my location with my usual posting name.

Have just seen this on my Facebook feed from my local paper. So some dirty exploitative bastard wanting a naked cleaner warrants a jaunty little cartoon and some dodgy innuendo. angry

expatinscotland Thu 28-May-15 23:55:13

Yuk.

Julietee Fri 29-May-15 13:11:30

yes. but I'd definitely do it for £20 an hour.

Charis1 Sat 30-May-15 01:42:52

I don't see why this is considered sexist. It goes both ways. Most nude cleaners are male, arn't they?

TriggersBroom Sat 30-May-15 10:33:44

I don't know if most male cleaners are nude. Believe it or not, it's not an area of expertise for me. grin

Either way though it's exploitation of a potentially vulnerable person for someone's sexual gratification. I doubt if the roles had been reversed then this would have been reported in the same "lighthearted" manner.

LassUnparalleled Sat 30-May-15 12:32:48

There is a very high yuk factor. Whether it's exploitation I'm not entirely sure. Whoever applies for it is doing so in the full knowledge of what he is looking for and for which he's paying double what is the going rate for a cleaner.

I suppose someone might think she is comfortable being naked, what is going on in his head is his problem not hers.

Mind you I got told off by a proclaimed feminist for employing a cleaner at all as she thought it was disgusting I paid another woman to clean up behind me.

YonicScrewdriver Sat 30-May-15 14:48:54

I'm a proclaimed feminist. We have cleaners. They are clothed!

Koalafications Sat 30-May-15 14:53:42

Yuk. Yuk. Yuk. Yuk. Yuk.

[shudder] @ "I may ask them to stop and pose"

YonicScrewdriver Sat 30-May-15 15:02:23

£20 per hour is not that much, chakra. It's a lot for a cleaner but not much for sexually related services (lap dance etc). Probably why he has specified no prostituted women.

LassUnparalleled Sat 30-May-15 15:10:31

My cleaners are all clothed too. Two of them were men.
I can't remember whether or not my outraged feminist thought a male cleaner was acceptable. She was willing to allow it is permissible for us to employ a gardener as according to her we respect the gardener as another professional. I thought she was joking but she actually believed this.

LassUnparalleled Sat 30-May-15 15:22:05

I suppose Yonic he and presumably the woman who have worked for him both mentally play down the sexual services side of it. £20 per hour is a good rate for a cleaner.

As between 2 adults who know exactly what they are agreeing to then beyond the yuk factor I'm inclined to think it's simply a matter for them . It would be another matter if someone sees this as a business opportunity to run a totally nude cleaning agency.

partialderivative Sat 30-May-15 16:18:44

Hasn't he explicitly described what he is looking for?

That may be yuk, but if it is an agreement between two consenting adults, I do not see why it can be considered exploitive. Or why he is a bastard

30 years ago I would have considered naked cleaning for an aged woman who liked to see male form around the house.

(very,very unlikely to be called upon this in my present body)

YonicScrewdriver Sat 30-May-15 17:22:19

Do you think it's ok to advertise it in a newsagent, partial, if that agent wouldn't accept, say, a card from an intimate masseuse?

partialderivative Sat 30-May-15 18:04:28

Do you think it is exploitive Yonic?

Personally I do not.

LassUnparalleled Sat 30-May-15 18:25:39

"intimate massage" is a euphemism for prostitution so a newsagent should not accept cards advertising that service.

partialderivative Sat 30-May-15 18:44:01

Did the man mention 'intimate massage' in his advert?

grimbletart Sat 30-May-15 21:31:46

Well, whatever turns you on I suppose.

I spend a lot of time these days thinking there are some really weird people out there….

YonicScrewdriver Sat 30-May-15 22:06:58

I think it's sex work, partial, not cleaning.

Perhaps a card advertising a personal nude dancing service would've been a closer analogy.

YonicScrewdriver Sat 30-May-15 22:11:31

Let's say an average cleaner costs £8-£10 per hour in Bath.

As he's getting his cleaning done too , he's essentially paying a woman £10-£12 per hour to fulfil his sexual fantasy . Phone sex would cost him more than that,

partialderivative Sun 31-May-15 18:13:54

Yonic, why did you bring the intimate massage bit in. I don't think it appears as any relevant part of this discussion. (apologies if I have missed something, I often do)

It seems to me that he laid his cards on the table, and has been very forthright about what he is doing, and why he is doing it .

There is no deception, there is no exploitation imho.

Has he done anything illegal? (Actually, I don't know)

If phone sex would cost more than that, so what? Maybe he won't get any takers as they are all too busy making a mint from wanker punters.

YonicScrewdriver Sun 31-May-15 19:03:34

Just because I was thinking of other sexual services that sometimes get advertised and that was the first one that sprang to mind.

If a man put up a card in a newsagent saying he would pay £100 for a blow job, would you think that was exploitative? It's equally upfront about what is wanted and what will be paid.

YonicScrewdriver Sun 31-May-15 19:18:25

<or ad on the internet etc, as a newsagent probably wouldn't accept the BJ card>

partialderivative Sun 31-May-15 19:19:24

So, you were extrapolating to make a point that was not needed or appropriate.

I do not see how his card is equivalent to asking another person to PERFORM A SEXUAL act.

He didn't, and he explained precisely what his expecttions were.

As I mentioned before, if a similar request had been made of me 30 years ago and I'd agreed, I would not have thought I was being exploited.

(Is it true that most naked cleaners are male?)

CoogerAndDark Sun 31-May-15 19:27:00

Creepy old fuck.

He wants a female cleaner to feel 'empowered' for the privilege of taking a pittance for him to stare at and leer. hmm

Local newspapers are a little backwater of old fashioned prurience. Our's does investigations about prostitution whilst still taking money for sex worker ads.

YonicScrewdriver Sun 31-May-15 19:27:33

I consider this work to be on the spectrum of sex work. Do you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now