Ladies powder room

(13 Posts)
MagpieCursedTea Tue 26-May-15 17:27:48

I was in a shopping centre today and there were signs suspended from the ceiling outside the toilets. One saying "Gents toilets" and the other saying "Ladies powder room".

Is it just me or is that a bit strange? Why can't ours just be called a toilet as well? Maybe I'm overthinking it?

shaska Tue 26-May-15 17:35:56

Er because we don't excrete, obviously. How very dare you even suggest such a thing. We just need a private space to make adjustments to our flawless exterior, so that men don't realise the work that goes into it.

Anniegetyourgun Tue 26-May-15 17:39:24

Because one was a lavatory and the other was an arsenal.

ChunkyPickle Tue 26-May-15 19:14:39

Rofl - that is the explanation I shall give anyone that ever asks Annie - awesome smile

SwedishEdith Tue 26-May-15 19:16:50

Me too, at seeing this yesterday! House of Fraser by any chance?

MagpieCursedTea Tue 26-May-15 20:36:15

Not House of Fraser, there is more than one of these signs then!

Thanks for clearing up the situation Annie, it all becomes clear wink

WhirlpoolGalaxyM51 Tue 26-May-15 22:33:47

Ha I was more thinking the women were all on drugs grin

DadWasHere Wed 27-May-15 00:15:30

Not in the same context but the worst translation into English for a toilet I ever saw was 'Sirs Comfort Stalion'. The translation for the ladies was just a mish-mash sadly.

LassUnparalleled Wed 27-May-15 00:22:46

"Gents' toilets" what a horrible expression. Just reading it you get the whiff of disinfectant and urine.

"Ladies' powder room" sounds much more inviting , regardless of the definition of powder.

PuffinsAreFictitious Wed 27-May-15 00:26:32

At least I know where to stash my cannon while shopping grin

Anniegetyourgun Wed 27-May-15 00:33:11

Hey, at Bluewater on a Saturday you'll need that cannon with you or you'll never get through the crowds.

PuffinsAreFictitious Wed 27-May-15 08:11:36

I was thinking of somewhere to put it, after I've cleared the decks a bit.

Athenaviolet Wed 27-May-15 11:46:33

They are trying to be clever.

hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now