Bloody hell, another celebrity charged with a string of sex offences!

(17 Posts)
AWholeLottaNosy Tue 24-Mar-15 00:22:17

I'm actually really shocked about this one. I guess he didn't fit the profile of a 'sex offender', but, according to this article, DJ Neil Fox has been charged with a number of sex offences over a period of years. What is it with these DJs?!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/23/dj-neil-fox-charged-nine-sex-offences

anothernamechange1234 Tue 24-Mar-15 00:27:30

He's been charged, not found guilty so not sure what your last sentence refers to. Don't libel people.

YonicScrewdriver Tue 24-Mar-15 01:14:53

No libel. Op's title and post is clearly about the charges.

It's perfectly legal to have an opinion about someone's guilt or innocence outside of a trial, BTW.

TheBlackRider Tue 24-Mar-15 06:51:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

anothernamechange1234 Tue 24-Mar-15 07:26:55

Yes, of course you can have an opinion. But you can't publish it. Could he contempt of court too.

YonicScrewdriver Tue 24-Mar-15 07:44:11

"What is it with these DJs?!"

is not libellous.

YonicScrewdriver Tue 24-Mar-15 07:48:15

Some background on contempt for you;

www.findlaw.co.uk/law/criminal/criminal_courts/500317.html

YonicScrewdriver Tue 24-Mar-15 07:48:49

But feel free to report to MNHQ if you are concerned.

anothernamechange1234 Tue 24-Mar-15 07:52:55

Yes I know what it is thanks.

YonicScrewdriver Tue 24-Mar-15 08:29:43

Ah, so you think the OP's comment
"creates a substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings will be seriously impeded or prejudiced"?

GibberingFlapdoodle Tue 24-Mar-15 09:26:03

What is it with these djs? (allowing that this one is only at the charging stage) well to quote kickass in the pub a few days ago "certain types of men being drawn to power, at least the ones who seek power as one of their goals rather than being there for the food of others. Then, when in power they have so many yes men around them that they can start to flex their privilege. Then there's an unspoken endorsement of the behavior so the next generation of power seekers colludes and so it goes on."

I was initially talking about the way certain men seem drawn to political power, but celebrity and public life can be the same.

CuttedUpPear Tue 24-Mar-15 09:26:19

Picking the OP's title apart is detracting from the subject.

YonicScrewdriver Tue 24-Mar-15 09:31:36

True, CUP.

Some of the charges relate to 14 year old girls. I think it will be a distressing trial if it gets to that stage.

scallopsrgreat Tue 24-Mar-15 09:35:46

Flexing their privilege is exactly what its about. How many comments were there around Clinton with Monica Lewinski and (to paraphrase) "if the president of the US can't get a blow job who can" type of attitude.

I also think there is a higher propensity for abusive men (and not just sexually abusive) to be in positions of power because of what it takes to get there e.g. selfishness, a bit of ruthlessness, arrogance etc.

GibberingFlapdoodle Tue 24-Mar-15 09:45:49

Definitely agree there (needing abusive traits to be in power). In business <lift hands to the heavens in praise at the term> particularly. I bet there's loads of crap going on there too.

We have a seriously sick society where abusive traits are so valued.

Jackieharris Wed 25-Mar-15 16:30:33

I don't imgine he'll be the last either.

sadwidow28 Fri 06-Nov-15 21:51:01

2nd October 2015, DJ Fox was charged:

DJ Neil Fox has appeared in court charged with six new historical sex offences - taking the number of his alleged victims to nine

Live updates from the trial (starting 5th November) are here:

Dr Fox trial: Live updates as DJ accused of 'exploiting his fame' to abuse string of teenage girls

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now