Talk

Advanced search

I met a real life misogynist

(13 Posts)
fustybritches Sat 17-Jan-15 14:53:07

I've lurked on here for a long time, and I'd like to thank you all grin

I don't want to out myself, but the subject was a horrid, victim-blaming fantasy about beating up an 'arrogant' woman.

The gist of it was, women: know your place, or else!

I was so incredibly angry he'd had the nerve to think it's ok to say these sorts of things out loud to people. The more I think about it the more it sounded like a threat.

I told him off, thanks mainly to the posters on here who regularly hand MRAs their arses on a plate. Perhaps he was surprised at mine and other's reactions ... I'm not sure why he would have shared something so offensive if he knew how beyond the pale it was.

I thought people were only like that on the internet - has anyone else had an experience like this?

AmantesSuntAmentes Sat 17-Jan-15 14:55:36

Yep, although not threatened but actively carried out. No less a misogynist that your aggressor though! Horiffic angry

AmantesSuntAmentes Sat 17-Jan-15 14:56:15

No more a misogynist, I had meant to say shock

AmantesSuntAmentes Sat 17-Jan-15 14:58:42

To rephrase - equal in their arseholery! Jeez!

MarjorieMelon Sat 17-Jan-15 15:05:26

You are lucky if that's the first real life one you have encountered. I've met hundreds!

AnyFucker Sat 17-Jan-15 15:05:26

Yes, several times I have been verbally abused to my face for speaking out against sexism and hatred of women

Some implied threats too like "if you carry on talking like that don't be surprised if you get trouble"

fustybritches Sat 17-Jan-15 15:29:17

Seems I'm a bit naive!

AnyFucker Sat 17-Jan-15 15:33:23

If you stand up to (some) men they will certainly try to make you pay for it, one way or another

ditto the handmaidens who will take your head off rather than admit their own misogyny

lots of examples of that on here

AmantesSuntAmentes Sat 17-Jan-15 15:37:16

If you stand up to (some) men they will certainly try to make you pay for it, one way or another

Absolutely. Rape being the worst extreme I've experienced.

AmantesSuntAmentes Sat 17-Jan-15 15:37:17

Absolutely. Rape being the worst extreme I've experienced.

AnyFucker Sat 17-Jan-15 15:41:07

Amantes sad

AmantesSuntAmentes Sat 17-Jan-15 15:55:43

I then qualified in teaching women's self defence! My experience has enabled others to protect themselves smile for me, the handing of his arse to him, has been via empowering others!

fustybritches Sat 17-Jan-15 16:21:51

Good for you Amantes flowers

I hope he won't be back, he was definitely in a minority of 1.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: