Talk

Advanced search

Stepford wives (the film)

(8 Posts)
LennyCrabsticks Sun 07-Dec-14 22:30:14

Watching it for the first time. Bloody hell it's good. Scary how relevant it still is nearly 40 years later. I'd assumed it would be very very dated and it really isn't.

PuffinsAreFictitious Sun 07-Dec-14 22:33:54

Are you watching the original or the remake? The original is really disturbing, not too sure if the remake has the same impact?

LennyCrabsticks Sun 07-Dec-14 22:37:58

The original. It's seriously creepy. Just throws all these ridiculous societal expectations into such stark relief. Brilliant stuff.

PuffinsAreFictitious Sun 07-Dec-14 22:38:36

It is. Enjoy!

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Mon 08-Dec-14 01:40:01

The whole original film's on YouTube. It's a fab film. I remember watching it as a teen, and my mum saying, I'm sure men don't really want robotic women like that! 40yrs later I'm hmm about that.

I love the 70's feminista characters in it (before they're changed ) smile

EBearhug Mon 08-Dec-14 10:01:57

I read the book for the first time recently (it was free on Kindle one weekend.) Might have to look out for the film, as I've never seen it.

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Mon 08-Dec-14 10:08:10

Oh yes indeedy. I have watched this film a couple of times but not for a while. It's seriously good, in a creepy and not altogether unbelievable way.

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Mon 08-Dec-14 10:09:37

I have not watched that in about 20 years. I must rewatch it I remember it being quite frighteningly creepy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now