Talk

Advanced search

Shia LeBouf rape,sexism at its fineist.

(155 Posts)
FayKorgasm Fri 28-Nov-14 07:31:49

My facebook is full articles about Shias rape. I am so sorry he went through this. However not one article mentions his clothing at the time,alcohol consumption,past partners,whether he knew the person. Not even "rape" or alledged rape. Pick up any article about a woman talking about her rape and it is full of what she was wearing etc.
Fucking deprressing really.

CelesteToTheDance Sat 29-Nov-14 13:30:36

Most of the comments I've read were angry about him minimising the reality of rape by claiming that someone coming in and having sex with him (assuming that even happened) as being rape. It's not rape when he's sitting there, completely silent and not giving any indication he doesn't want it, not pushing her off, saying no or calling for help from his security who were at the door.

That's not fucking rape and how dare he claim it is.

listed Sat 29-Nov-14 13:33:27

How can you say "assuming that even happened" with a straight face??

If you said that about a woman who said she'd been raped you'd be ripped to bits.

A man can't legally be raped in England anyway. It would be indecent assault (unless the law has been changed since I was studying --a long time ago--)

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Sat 29-Nov-14 13:34:52

Listed - the law has indeed changed in England. A man can be raped.

MrsRaegan Sat 29-Nov-14 13:36:02

He didn't give consent...

Had a man done that to a woman in the exact same situation, what would you call it then?

listed Sat 29-Nov-14 13:37:42

Fair enough.

Does "I believe you" only apply to women then?

Thehedgehogsong Sat 29-Nov-14 13:44:35

I thought that about the reporting! So he did nothing to 'bring it on himself?' Unlike us silly women who walk about owning vaginas.
He did not agree to have sex, consent is not the absence of a no, it's the presence of a yes!

scallopsrgreat Sat 29-Nov-14 13:54:16

A man can't be raped by a woman in the UK as rape requires a penis.

I'm hoping Celeste was being ironic confused.

PuffinsAreFictitious Sat 29-Nov-14 13:54:20

Only men can rape under English law. This was sexual assault.

I believe him.

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 29-Nov-14 13:55:31

Yy to what mrs said

listed Sat 29-Nov-14 13:57:24

Didn't sound ironic.

What he do, out of interest? Sorry I haven't really read much about it. Did he try to stop her? Or could he not move as part of the art installation thing?

chockbic Sat 29-Nov-14 13:57:52

Fwiw I don't think that kind of assault or rape is taken seriously either.

Maybe if a man had raped him. Who knows?

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Sat 29-Nov-14 13:59:35

But a man can be raped by another man confused legally

CelesteToTheDance Sat 29-Nov-14 14:01:37

I can say assuming it happened because it likely didn't. Most of the 'visitors' to his exhibition were journalists and they described the security they had to get through to even get in to the room with him. He has a history of saying untrue things to get publicity.

If it did happen, he invited people to come in and do whatever they wanted to him. He didn't say no, reject her advances or call his security who were at the door. It's not rape if you don't tell someone to stop ( unless you're passed out or too drunk to consent), it's not rape if you give no indication that you don't want it and no it's not rape if there are people a few feet away charged with protecting you and you don't bother calling them.

He could have easily said no, pushed her off, alerted his security, he didn't. So no, not rape. Stop trying to redefine it to being something that is easily stopped by opening your mouth. It isn't, real rape isn't something the victim can stop, if they could they would and that is why it is so horrific and the threat of it so terrifying. He could have stopped it any time and he didn't. That's consent.

listed Sat 29-Nov-14 14:03:30

I think you're wrong Celeste.

scallopsrgreat Sat 29-Nov-14 14:03:31

"It's not rape if you don't tell someone to stop" Nope. Not true.

CelesteToTheDance Sat 29-Nov-14 14:16:13

If you can tell someone to stop and you don't, then it's not fucking rape. Ffs, he's not a child, he's an adult who is perfectly capable of saying no and/or calling his security. There was no reason for him to allow her to have sex with him if he didn't want it. Not being a mind reader doesn't make anyone a rapist.

He's a compulsive liar though so who knows if this woman even exists. If word had gotten through to the line as he says it did, it would have been all over the internet when it happened because nearly all his visitors were journalists looking for a story!!!!!

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Sat 29-Nov-14 14:18:41

Celeste - can I suggest you read up on what happens during rape. Before you come out with any more drivel.

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Sat 29-Nov-14 14:22:44

*Celeste" what disgusting comments!

chockbic Sat 29-Nov-14 14:24:17

In answer to Fays point, or make comparisons to leaving a door open in his house!

CelesteToTheDance Sat 29-Nov-14 14:34:05

My comments aren't disgusting. They're reality. Stop trying to turn rape into nothing more than sex that can be easily stopped by telling the other person they don't want it. A rapist won't listen to no, they won't stop, most people will but you have to let them know because they're not psychic. He didn't give any indication he didn't want it, didn't say no, push her off or call his security.

Huge difference between that and an unconscious person taken advantage of or someone violently raped.

listed Sat 29-Nov-14 14:39:18

Celeste can you really not imagine a case where a woman is too intimidated/scared to say no?

Consent requires an action - a "yes" or something else clearly meaning that's it's ok.

Lack of a no is not consent. Wise up.

chockbic Sat 29-Nov-14 14:40:45

It must be difficult to speak up for a man, as there seems to be a different stigma.

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Sat 29-Nov-14 14:41:03

Celeste - I hope you find this helpful

www.rapecrisis.org.uk/rapeampsexualviolence2.php

MrsRaegan Sat 29-Nov-14 14:44:32

How do you know that if he had said no she would have stopped?!

There was no consent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now