Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

just received a "marketing"; email

(6 Posts)
NoLongerJustAShopGirl Thu 27-Nov-14 15:19:19

"We forgot to include a voucher code for the 20% Off Photo Calendars offer in the email we sent you yesterday! We’d love to have a really good excuse but sadly we can’t think of one… although our little email elf (Samantha) is 15 weeks pregnant, so we’ll put it down to ‘baby brain’.

Do they really think this will help them to SELL things.... let us just insult a member of staff/a pregnant woman grrrr.

Would you complain?

AuntieStella Thu 27-Nov-14 15:23:52

I wouldn't complain as such.

I would however email back and say that in the light of the derogatory attitude expressed towards their female staff displayed in their latest email, I wished to be removed from their mailing list.

BoftheP Thu 27-Nov-14 16:46:35

Yes, I would complain and tweet the company to shame them. Shocking attitude.

kim147 Thu 27-Nov-14 16:52:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lottiegarbanzo Thu 27-Nov-14 16:57:46

I find 'little email elf' quite striking.

'Our little email elf Harry had a late one last night'? Thing is, I can almost imagine that, from a company prone to the crass and twee.

NoLongerJustAShopGirl Fri 28-Nov-14 08:41:25

oh - have looked on twitter - I don't have an account (life is too short) .. someone else has pulled them up on it and their response was "it was the elf that said it herself" well that makes it ok to email nationally then?? hmm hmm

I have emailed them, but I bet the response will be the same as on twitter.. <sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now