Talk

Advanced search

Feminism page

(12 Posts)
Boomtownsurprise Wed 19-Nov-14 18:52:23

Blimey. It's fem chat... Sorry threw me...

Anyway...

I was on a thread recently where it was suggested fwr had a book published. (Please link as can't find, was about 'wankery') I was lurking but thought it odd I hadn't seen a section page for it. Went back to check and no, no page.

There's pages on everything to woman kind from cvs to pushchairs. But not on feminism? Why?

Mnhq (as I asked them) might put one up if people like the idea/had suggestions etc.

Fwiw I expected "dummies guide" so entrance writers/articles. Also current bloggers and articles. I'd love a "take part" area so petitions, marches or ways to change 'stuff'. I'd also like if it t'were possible to have fwr people suggest topics / write on stuff as some seem professionally in this world.

I'd love a page, a chat forum, and a local type area populated on this stuff. (Dreams of taking over mn) it should link to law, conception, everything....!!!!!

So. I'm not very knowledgeable or professional in this topic. I am interested, curious etc. Who is? Who does? Could something like this work? If so what? Web design experience would be appreciated but not essential.

I've been nervous of posting so be kind if dislike please.

YonicScrewdriver Wed 19-Nov-14 19:03:58

I'm a bit confused?

There is a feminism topic, the boards within it are feminism chat, feminist activism, feminist theory and feminist book club, from memory . Most of the action happens on chat...

YonicScrewdriver Wed 19-Nov-14 19:05:13

There is also feminist support.

Boomtownsurprise Wed 19-Nov-14 19:26:00

Ok. Well I for one had no idea. I've always seen an fwr board. I've never seen other 'chat boards' to do with feminism. Never seen one other than fwr in active? I'd have clicked on it.

By page I mean on the main menu. I've seen pages on conception or getting babies to sleep etc. is there something like that for feminism?

As I leaped into a 'wankery' thread I'm sure I was a beginner but am confident others were seasoned.

I'm happy to be dim tho if it highlights stuff for others....

Boomtownsurprise Wed 19-Nov-14 19:32:45

Ah those / these are all chat boards. I was thinking of an information page (?) I guess at first but then extrapolated that into a full area. That mightn't be possible.

PuffinsAreFicticious Wed 19-Nov-14 19:54:25

It might be possible. We've discussed the idea before, with reference to a thread to which people can add things.

YonicScrewdriver Wed 19-Nov-14 19:58:18

Oh I see what you mean now, sorry!

Boomtownsurprise Wed 19-Nov-14 20:24:51

Could it? Great!

It just crossed my mind that a book was, static, and in 2014 a bit (heaven forgive me) a bit past it. But a good page....? Also with recent threads on "what is wrong with fwr" could (the majority) be sort of answered in it? As in which writers to start reading, articles, how to be an active feminist etc which frankly I don't think a chat board does. That's a bit higgly piggly not orderly.

Why isn't there an information section for feminism for example when all of mumsnet is feminist? (An arguement I saw pitched and agree with). Pushchairs being surely more niche then?

And if we could, what should be on it?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Boomtownsurprise Wed 19-Nov-14 21:13:40

Agree Buffy. thing is I don't know what different arms of feminism are. I guess much like politics its a circle from far left through to most staunch...? So broad synopsis / glossary needed.

Trolls... Dunno. Hadn't thought. Hmmm...

Are there pages like im (badly) describing, say at universities? Mn couldn't be the first could it....?

Hazchem Thu 20-Nov-14 06:33:38

There are quite a lot of scholarly pages on feminism
oldish
with graphics
sociology and feminism
Are these the sort of thing you mean?

grace1996 Tue 25-Nov-14 03:09:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now