Talk

Advanced search

Stripping women bare in Kenya

(6 Posts)
Curlipples Mon 17-Nov-14 22:36:09

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30087622

Next fucking delightful activity from the men of the world: ganging together in public and stripping women naked whom they deem to be dressed inappropriately.

YonicScrewdriver Mon 17-Nov-14 22:52:26

Ah, another piece of solid logic from the same school of thought that brought you " Ched Evans isn't a rapist and he'll prove it by raping you..."

Gits.

Amethyst24 Mon 17-Nov-14 22:52:39

Hmmm. I'm a bit glass-half-full about this. I read the story as "Next fucking up-with-this-we-will-not-put activity from women in Africa challenging misogyny". Obviously it's disgraceful that it happened in the first place, but there's been a robust, well publicised protest, and that's something that our sisters in Africa might not have had the courage or resources to do ten years ago.

(Aside: I love the use of "sisters" in a feminist context, but I'm not sure how correct it is to use it?)

messyisthenewtidy Mon 17-Nov-14 23:32:19

I agree Amethyst. It's heartwarming to see both men and women objecting to this.

messyisthenewtidy Mon 17-Nov-14 23:42:37

I never understand the logic of the argument of those in opposition to the march who say "if a woman chooses to dress a certain way she has to realise that there are consequences" as if dressing a certain way is harming anyone.

redwarf Tue 18-Nov-14 08:03:47

depressed its happening but hooray for the protests

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now