Talk

Advanced search

Julien Blanc (apparently a pickup artist) has visa revoked in Australia

(10 Posts)
CornChips Fri 07-Nov-14 10:00:17

www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/nov/07/protesters-force-us-pick-up-artist-julien-blanc-to-quit-australian-tour

I just read this, with my mouth open. I do not know this person, but I really like the idea that Australia has taken a stand against misogyny like this!

HowsTheSerenity Fri 07-Nov-14 10:13:36

There have been protests and letters to media outlets etc. All the venues started to cancel the bookings. News corp even said to remove their logo (if I recall reading it right).
We might take a stand against this bloke but we still have our misogynistic PM.

StillProcrastinating Fri 07-Nov-14 10:16:27

His tour is still going on, japan and America. Will be interesting to see if he comes here, what the response is...

InfinitySeven Fri 07-Nov-14 10:20:45

America won't be far behind banning him, with the huge force behind this on social media.

PuffinsAreFicticious Fri 07-Nov-14 10:22:05

A journalist in Japan has reported him to the authorities over a YouTube video from when he was last in Tokyo. It allegedly shows him grabbing random girl's heads while talking to them and pushing them into his groin.

His Twitter feed is an horrendous mix of puerile humour and instructions on how to rape women.

dollius Fri 07-Nov-14 11:04:16

I was just reading about this creep earlier. Very glad to see some Aussie sense being exercised. What a twat.

Someone posted a hilarious link to an exchange Julien supposedly had with a woman on Tinder. No idea if it is real or not, but is very funny.

the old smoothie!

CornChips Fri 07-Nov-14 11:27:31

I am now googling the ridiculous person. This article from Jezebel made me smile.

jezebel.com/julien-blanc-fans-ladies-are-just-mad-because-pickup-a-1655568103

TessOfTheAmityvilles Fri 07-Nov-14 11:49:42

Part of his pick up act has included a fictitious dead son ("Gaspard"). The photo of "Gaspard" is actually of Blanc as a child.

He really is a grade A c**t of the highest order.

Zazzles007 Fri 07-Nov-14 14:04:25

There is a petition on change.org to against Julien Blanc:

https://www.change.org/p/the-como-melbourne-hotel-take-down-julien-blanc-and-rsd-s-seminars-and-web-content-takedownjulienblanc

Scum like this shouldn't be earning a living from their shitty lifestyles angry

PuffinsAreFicticious Fri 07-Nov-14 14:49:29

There's also one petitioning for some sort of free speech thing in favour of him. It has 800 signatures. 2 of them are his fictional dead son.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now