Talk

Advanced search

Biking pt2

(50 Posts)
wizzzadora Thu 27-Mar-14 10:01:51

I don't know if it's my computer or the thread has been locked but I cant post in the original one I made. Basically I just wanted to say again, thank you all so much for all the help and for showing me that those from BCF don't seem to be quite as cocky when they are up against superior minds like that on MN.

I have just been informed of a cancellation at the CBT center so I'll be doing my training tomorrow and if all goes well I'll be picking up my new bike ( Honda CBF ) on Saturday. I'll let you all know how I get on thanks

Bifauxnen Thu 27-Mar-14 11:43:43

Good luck!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pantah630 Thu 27-Mar-14 12:20:09

Good luck, enjoy the riding, wrap up warm as it pretty chilly out. My hands are still numb from the ride in this morning.

MajorGrinch Thu 27-Mar-14 12:51:35

Muffs!!

I took mine off last week but put them on again sharpish!

Add some heated grips & Winter becomes a lot more bearable....

scallopsrgreat Thu 27-Mar-14 13:04:36

Good luck wizzadora!

wizzzadora Thu 27-Mar-14 13:21:27

Haha sorry to bring BCF up again but they seem to be scared of you telling the Daily Mail on them grin When you girls go to work you really do it properly.

wizzzadora Thu 27-Mar-14 13:22:12

And thank you for your messages of good luck. I have many layers of clothing prepared for tomorrow although at the moment it's threatening to snow so fingers crossed.

gilogowu Thu 27-Mar-14 14:19:14

"even the cockiest misogynist rarely lasts more than a day or so on here."

That's because MN bans them all.

gilogowu Thu 27-Mar-14 14:19:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

wizzzadora Thu 27-Mar-14 14:22:41

Not a chance of failing, I am feeling incredibly confident now thanks to people actually responding with helpful advice and support rather than jibes. I suppose that's the difference between a good forum like this and a bad one like yours.

wizzzadora Thu 27-Mar-14 14:25:17

And trust a man to count it as succeed or fail when a CBT is training and there's no actual fail wink

LurcioLovesFrankie Thu 27-Mar-14 14:26:18

Good luck Wizz!

Why is it that on reading gilogowu's posts I am reminded of that line about "looks like a penis, only much smaller"?

wizzzadora Thu 27-Mar-14 15:23:04

Just received this message:-

'Come talk about it on BCF where your lefty lesbian tree hugging friends can't censor our posts. Oh that's right none of you have the balls or the intelligence to have a discussion without the mods stepping in.'

At the risk of sounding childish is anyone up for setting them straight?

scallopsrgreat Thu 27-Mar-14 15:39:50

They are the ones who want the fight wizzadora. We aren't the ones going over there banging tables and demanding to be heard and to be taken seriously. And as Buffy says they only want an excuse to be nasty. They've shown that when they came over here. Leave them to it I say.

Even gilogowu admits they are misogynists after all grin.

gilogowu Thu 27-Mar-14 18:07:21

To give credit to BCF they don't dish out bans or censor posts the way bumsnet mumsnet does.

gilogowu Thu 27-Mar-14 18:31:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

scallopsrgreat Thu 27-Mar-14 18:32:44

I think that ship has sailed (or in fact sunk) gilogowu

ballsballsballs Thu 27-Mar-14 18:49:02

bumsnet? grin

That has absolutely made my day.

Good luck tomorrow OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now