Talk

Advanced search

Sun newspaper

(14 Posts)
JeanSeberg Thu 27-Mar-14 09:15:18

The cafe on our business park offer a selection of free newspapers for customers to read, including the Sun.

I am on good terms with the staff as they are also catering suppliers to our company.

I have explained the No More Page 3 campaign to them and asked twice for them to stop selling the Sun and they have agreed. However, they still continue to buy it saying they keep forgetting to cancel the order.

Am I now unreasonable to contact their head office to request they stop selling it?

ShirakawaKaede Thu 27-Mar-14 10:22:41

I think they're fobbing you off and never had any intention of cancelling the order. Talk with whoever's in charge once more, maybe subtly suggest you might have to go to head office, see what happens. If no joy, do it.

JeanSeberg Thu 27-Mar-14 10:31:08

I agree, I think an email is now in order.

CaptChaos Thu 27-Mar-14 10:33:50

You might also point out that, if they are unable to cancel a fairly simple newspaper order in a timely manner, can you really trust them to be able to fulfill their catering supply orders if they have to change from time to time?

A little PA, but also pretty reasonable!

JeanSeberg Thu 27-Mar-14 10:40:42

They are great as a supplier, flexible and reliable.

Sadly I think they just don't get what I'm making a 'fuss' about and probably don't want to upset the rest of their customers who would start to ask where it was.

(I can also imagine they've had a moan about my request with a few of my male colleagues behind my back. wink)

Email now been sent.

ArmyDad Thu 27-Mar-14 13:43:17

I wonder what going to head office Will achieve though. Unless I have missed something you didn't arrange a legally binding agreement. I am willing to bet that all you'll get is a politely worded reply saying bugger off.

gilogowu Thu 27-Mar-14 14:16:17

Why don't you just read a different newspaper?

gilogowu Thu 27-Mar-14 14:17:55

I think it's a piece of crap from page 1 to the very last page, but I don't go around telling cafes how to run their business. I just simply don't read it.

Boobs aren't news. But neither is anything The Sun prints.

JeanSeberg Thu 27-Mar-14 15:06:17

Maybe I will Army, that's their pregorative of course.

NiceTabard Thu 27-Mar-14 20:28:36

People have managed to get various newspapers and magazines displayed in different parts of shops / covered / not sold any more so I think it is worth a try Jean smile

Incidentally are you the person who decides who gets contracts / in that dept? If you are that might hold more sway.

LyndaCartersBigPants Thu 27-Mar-14 20:46:05

I asked my local garage to get some more appropriate reading material for their waiting room too. Even if it doesn't make them get rid, at least we've made a point that not all of their customers are happy about the image they are portraying? Well done you for making a stand.

LyndaCartersBigPants Thu 27-Mar-14 20:46:44

Not sure where the random '?' came in!

newbieman1978 Fri 28-Mar-14 12:20:58

Talk to them about Hillsborough as well, another good reason not to buy the sun (scum).

Plymouthsupporter Fri 04-Apr-14 16:19:34

Its a poor newspaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now