Talk

Advanced search

You know you've been posting on FWR too much when you…

(10 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 26-Mar-14 19:08:10

I understand the trying to replicate hmm in real life!

Oh dear, have I been posting too much?

hmm

grin

DoctorTwo Wed 26-Mar-14 19:40:48

I find myself doing the hmm face too. I blame you lot of humourless harridans! grin

That second sentence is a joke. Honest.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Wed 26-Mar-14 20:07:25

When your conversation is peppered with terms like male privilege and patriarchal society - and you suddenly realise you're at the school gates and some of the other mums are hmm at you grin

When you feel guilt over buying your daughter something pink!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 26-Mar-14 20:14:54

When you feel guilty about NOT buying your DS something pink, or a Disney Princess outfit.

CaptChaos Wed 26-Mar-14 20:27:40

When you're on FB and you really want to do the hmm face, and there isn't one, and you become irrationally annoyed. (I do the 'face' all the time anyway!)

When you are chatting and mention rape culture and everyone looks at you like you've grown an extra head.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PenguinsEatSpinach Wed 26-Mar-14 20:57:59

Use the term patriarchal society in a normal conversation.

Assume people will know what you mean when you refer to Delusions of Gender.

Nocomet Wed 26-Mar-14 21:05:08

Unfortunately I can't pronounce or spell misogamist or patriarchal because they do my dyslexic brain in.

An argument rather loses it's effect when DH has to pronounce them for me.

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 26-Mar-14 21:42:25

When you say to DS1 "that's the girls clothes section" at H&M and he says back to you "I thought you don't like to say girls' things and boys' things". hmm Normal people won't even comment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now