Talk

Advanced search

Do you ever not post things in AIBU or chat because of the potential abuse you'll get?

(12 Posts)
HollyMiamiFLA Thu 13-Feb-14 22:10:53

So many times I've not bothered. Something interesting has come up but you know that if it goes in AIBU or chat, you'll get a flaming from people who don't think you should be thinking about such stuff.

And that's on MN. Imagine what happens on a non female dominated site. Wait - not hard too imagine because I've done it and got a whole load of abuse on a site for so called professionals.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Thu 13-Feb-14 22:30:56

Chat is not too bad. Relationships is quite good (the clue is that loads of people moan about it being 'man-hating' because it doesn't treat men like ickle precious things that can't control themselves).

AIBU can be horrific.

HollyMiamiFLA Fri 14-Feb-14 08:12:06

I think it's more feminist things. So many people attack feminist thinking.

FuckyNell Fri 14-Feb-14 08:14:37

I don't post in AIBU for the pure reason that I am never BU grin

TamerB Fri 14-Feb-14 08:37:21

I wouldn't start a thread anywhere unless it was something straight forward like asking for advice on a holiday resort. You can never tell where it will go- much too scary. Anything to do with feminism being one of the scariest places.

Trills Fri 14-Feb-14 08:50:32

I often in real life don't say things because I don't want to get into an argument.

I think in general we censor ourselves variably depending on who we are talking to.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Amrapaali Fri 14-Feb-14 09:52:07

Chat is changing for the worse though. Sometimes I really can't see the difference between Chat and AIBU.

HollyMiamiFLA Fri 14-Feb-14 10:09:11

"I would avoid posting about a feminist issue in chat or AIBU because someone would say "you're over thinking it" which I think is the most infuriating combination of words available to the English speaking human."

Exactly - stop thinking about stuff and get back to doing what's expected and don't over analyse!!

Which means STFU.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whatdoesittake48 Fri 14-Feb-14 12:02:26

I am a regular on relationships - but will rarely bring up a thread on my own. it is just too personal. Been tempted a few times though.

However, i think mostly, women on that board are incredibly supportive and kind.

Much like here, really. I don't even look at AIBU or Chat...

TamerB Sat 15-Feb-14 08:26:54

Last time I was on relationships I was told 'to trot along Tamer'. I won't be back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now