Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

"£40 for a strip club? I just wanna see some tits!"

(28 Posts)
Callani Wed 12-Feb-14 11:52:32

This lovely gem has just come up in my facebook feed and I'm just astounded - that someone would post this, that apparently it's their right to see breasts on demand, at the whole attitude behind it.

Please give me some perspective, and possibly a response...

grimbletart Wed 12-Feb-14 11:56:01

You could always suggest he has a sex change then he could spend every spare moment looking in the mirror…..

whatdoesittake48 Wed 12-Feb-14 11:57:02

send them a photo of cows udders or something - might just put their request into perspective...

Then remove them from your facebook feed.

ForTheLoveOfSocks Wed 12-Feb-14 11:59:11

Just tell the wanker him to look in the mirror, it's much cheaper

HTH grin

Amrapaali Wed 12-Feb-14 12:00:57

Direct him here. Loads of 'em....

Velma67 Wed 12-Feb-14 12:06:18

RSPB membership starts at just £3 per month grin

kotinka Wed 12-Feb-14 12:08:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EddieBlizzard Wed 12-Feb-14 12:11:55

Tell him to look in the mirror he is a GIANT tit

Ev1lEdna Wed 12-Feb-14 12:53:07

Post a picture of David Cameron for him and tell him that's free. Should do the job.

Then delete him, I couldn't control myself with an idiot like that popping up on my newsfeed and I'd have no desire whatsoever to be associated with some entitled, brainless, misogynistic moron.

VegetariansTasteLikeChicken Wed 12-Feb-14 13:12:17

So the stripper should be ogled and sexually harassed for free?

Please delete the revolting man from your fb

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 12-Feb-14 20:48:13

Tell him to be a decent human and he might manage to get into a relationship.

Or he could eat lots of burgers and grow moobs?

FastLoris Wed 12-Feb-14 21:45:33

I'm confused. Where in the quote you provided, did he say it was his right to see tits. You seem to be making that up, and then getting hot under the collar about it.

All he said was that he wants to see them, and doesn't want to pay 40 quid to do so. I want a ferrari, but don't want to pay £150K for it. Big deal - doesn't mean I think it's my right to have one.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Wed 12-Feb-14 22:33:35

Ah. So women's breasts are a commodity to be bought. Just like a ferrari.

Righto.

StickEmUpBigStyle Wed 12-Feb-14 22:35:48

Oh loris take a long row in a short lake please

FastLoris Wed 12-Feb-14 23:58:46

He wouldn't be buying the breasts; he'd be buying a look at the breasts. There seems to be some difficulty with reading accurately here.

Apart from which that wasn't even the point of my post. All I did was point out that the OP was making stuff up that had nothing to so with what he actually said.

If you want to put words in other people's mouths and then get angry at them for it, be my guest. smile

Callani Thu 13-Feb-14 09:25:41

Haha thank you everyone with coming up with some rather amusing responses - I think I was mainly shocked because the man who said it was someone I thought of as being quite respectable, and then this?!

I think I'll go with the RSPB one...

VegetariansTasteLikeChicken Thu 13-Feb-14 09:33:17

Actuallly Fast, you clever boy.. the implication is that 40 quid is too much to much for a "pair of tits". So the human woman is over priced basically. It's kind of offensive to think you have rights over a person or that a human is not worth the money. If you want to call a Ferrari over priced that's slightly different.

I'm sorry you can't read. Many of the MRAs we've had lately have had a similar issue.

WoTmania Thu 13-Feb-14 11:27:04

that's revolting - so now people men shouldn't even have to pay to objectify and lech over women's bodies. they are so worthless it should be free? Bluergh.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Thu 13-Feb-14 11:35:51

And how is 'buying a look at the breasts' making the breasts any less of a commodity?

You're still comparing a part of a woman's body with a ferrari. It's sexual objectification, and it's damaging to women.

I'd go with the RSPB too OP grin

FastLoris Thu 13-Feb-14 14:41:45

Vegetarians -

So the woman is over priced basically. It's kind of offensive to think you have rights over a person

I don't know if this will do any good, as I've already pointed it out and you seem to have just ignored it and repeated the same error, but this is a complete non sequitur - it just makes no sense.

Saying that something is overpriced doesn't mean you think you have rights over it. You might as well say that because he said the price of seeing her tits was too high, he must think she should vote Green and eat a kosher diet. You're attaching something to the statement that simply isn't there, and isn't even implied by it.

FastLoris Thu 13-Feb-14 14:51:13

And how is 'buying a look at the breasts' making the breasts any less of a commodity?

I didn't say it does, but it's obviously different to "buying the breasts" themselves, which was Sabrina's false interpretation that I disputed. He'd be buying the right to do one specific, limited thing in relation to them (ie to look at them). Clearly this is different, and less, than buying something outright which gives you the right to do anything you want to it without limitation.

To clarify a little I'm not even justifying the comment or the mentality behind it. I just though it would make more sense to take issue with that he actually said, rather than people reading a whole bunch of other stuff into it and then arguing with their own imaginations.

But the fact that I committed the mortal sin of questioning a party line here means I must be an MRA, obviously. grin

whatdoesittake48 Thu 13-Feb-14 15:20:31

I think we all know what he meant - whether it was expressed in the right way or not.

if the writer of the quote was concerned about semantics, I suggest he wouldn't have been the type of person to write the statement in the first place.

he was simply making a leery and sexist comment for the benefit of a few laughs and it really doesn't matter whether the breasts were to be purchased, overpriced, under-priced or looked at for free. Who cares? the point is he thought it was a witty and funny point to make...

We don't mind people coming here and questioning things - it gets debate going and is healthy. We are not always right...

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Thu 13-Feb-14 16:21:47

Fastloris, did you actually think I thought the man in the OP wanted to actually buy the woman's breasts?

Or did you think I objected to you comparing a woman's breasts to a fucking ferrari?

Have a little think.

Beatrixparty Thu 13-Feb-14 17:00:41

Fast

You are quite right. For an insight into the way a lot of posters think here, have a look at the straw man article on wiki.

NiceTabard Thu 13-Feb-14 23:26:01

I have been around a few breast dealerships and also agree that £40 to look at a woman's tits is well overpriced.

I test-drove a few, for free, by looking at pictures the dealer showed me, I still think that £40 is too much.

I'm going to offer £15 and hopefully the dealer will be in a frame of mind to let me look at the woman's tits. If not, there are plenty of other dealers.

Additionally, the dealer is apparently open to offers on the idea of me taking the breasts home with me, whether still attached to the woman, or not.

Yes it's a perfect analogy hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now