Talk

Advanced search

The Feminist Pub Mark, um, V? Anyway, come in and chat.

(1000 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PenguinsDontEatKale Tue 11-Feb-14 19:28:24

I very nearly made a Spartacus joke too Buffy. Great minds!

PenguinsDontEatKale Tue 11-Feb-14 19:43:25

grin. Go on, own up, who is Darren?

PenguinsDontEatKale Tue 11-Feb-14 19:50:32

I take it back, none of you is Darren. He's a twat.

BriarRainbowshimmer Tue 11-Feb-14 19:55:34

That quickly got boring.

CaptChaos Tue 11-Feb-14 20:09:46

Nice of him to take time out from his busy masturbating schedule to tell us how shit we are grin

UptoapointLordCopper Tue 11-Feb-14 20:21:45

Who is Darren or do I not want to know?

PenguinsDontEatKale Tue 11-Feb-14 20:27:25

He started a thread in sleep where he quickly got particularly insulting and called his imaginary girlfriend a stupid bitch. And fundamentally he didn't have anything with which to develop his line of posting - just the same thing again and again.

A let down, as trolls go.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Tue 11-Feb-14 22:35:31

I was just skim-reading 'Darren' earlier when I should've been getting dc to bed when it was zapped. He seemed to get v upset about golf. I couldn't really understand why.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 12-Feb-14 00:46:18

I am not a Darren. I am a free man.

grin

DuskAndShiver Wed 12-Feb-14 10:06:28

Hello
Ooolong tea please and if you have any, a couple of tiny dried figs in the saucer (I had this once at Teasmith and it was a perfect combination)

Really fuming and angry today. There is a person at work (C) whom I usually get on with (although often disagree with) but she is now furious with me. She is the archetypal older sister, and I am so warped and twisted by my own older sister that I find this dynamic really difficult.

I have been really careful of her for years, ever since I watched her get into a really insanely heated argument with a colleague over the new window frames the colleague had chosen. C had never been to S's flat, let alone have any stake in it, but despite this she felt very angry that S had chosen window frames the exact opposite of the style that she would have liked for herself, or rather that S was robustly defending her choice (I would have lied and pretending to change my mind to close the conversation down). This, I thought, is an example of why never, ever, ever, to get into a direct confrontation with C. She cannot conceive of the idea of some things just not being her decision to make. Someone's else's window frames are a pretty clear example of that. Duly noted.

Anyway this was always going to flare up at some point. We got near to it a few weeks ago on a train journey where I had to defend my right to set my own priorities and put my own meetings in. I had to be really careful that that didn't get arsey. Today I talked a little hastily about how I can't reconsider every single decision I have to make on the tenuous grounds that someone, somewhere doesn't like it - not only can I not change many of the decisions but (I did not say this) I do not have time to justify every single one internally either so can she just woman up a bit and represent us externally better (I wish I could think of a way to say that that is not so overtly critical but she just doesn't get that her approach to me with respect to the clients is exhausting - she has a tendency to totally internalise the client's view that the problem is that I haven't said yes to to smething so I am the problem so she trots right along and brings it to me to "solve" by saying "oh alright then" which I can't and then I have to have the same exhausting self-justifying conversation that I have just had with the client that they have totally failed to relay while whining aobut me and C hasn't even bothered to ask "Presumably she did say why?" and AAAAAAAARGH)

So so sorry that is TOO LONG and has NOTHING to do with feminism, except, that I get very very very insecure about making decisions that people don't like in a way that men don't seem to, so, erm, that is all

Sorry to moan, please go back to your lovely drinks
I feel quite shaken.

DuskAndShiver Wed 12-Feb-14 10:24:40

Buffy, does ds often forget his, er, spinach?

Thanks for reading my ramblings. I feel very shaken by confrontation. She kind of made this into a row, admittedly I was being a bit impatient but she escalated it to the point of flouncing off.

I just can't bear it, I am sure it is some deep childhood thing

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 12-Feb-14 10:52:43

Yes, poor spinach. hmm

grin

DuskAndShiver Wed 12-Feb-14 11:02:53

Greek pizza sounds nice, I wish I was making that today. Is it normal pizza base? I don't like spanakopita because I don't like filo, which keeps wrong-footing me because I like the insides and I keep thinking I should like it.

Penguinsdon'teatkale has been talking me down off the window-sill on another thread. (I wonder if penguins eat spinach?)

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 12-Feb-14 11:13:55

That penguin is a fussy eater. grin

PenguinsEatSpinach Wed 12-Feb-14 13:47:42

Just for you Dusk and LordCopper <twirls to show off new name>

Ev1lEdna Wed 12-Feb-14 13:57:57

May I join?

I'm having a coconut latte because it's too early for a large wine and I can't have one in real life.

I am moving over here because a thread on women bosses was giving me the rage and I lurk here (occasionally posting) all the time.

Dusk that woman sounds difficult to work with so I don't think you are crazy. I think it is difficult in work situations because confrontation can really throw the work dynamic, she sounds like she hunts around for an argument.

Buffy your son's pizza sounds good - although I am intrigued by the healthy eating week aspect as if spinach and feta makes pizza a healthier prospect - still it's a cheery thought! grin Funnily enough I am using spinach, feta and olives on chicken tonight (no pizza base - sad)

This thread is not accepting new messages.