Talk

Advanced search

Scandal TV show

(7 Posts)
skrumle Fri 19-Jul-13 12:25:26

this show is ridiculous and overblown and the trembly-lipped "emotion" makes me want to heave at times but i LOVE that there are so many women - woman boss, woman vice-president, woman supreme court judge, first lady who has ice running through her veins, woman assassin, etc, etc.

it was a scene where the male president was sitting down with a group of women advising him (eg national security advisor) and i thought how rare it was to see that - generally if a woman has a place of seniority in a TV show she's surrounded by men.

and because there are so many women when one of them does something bad/cold/unfeeling it's just normal character development rather than an indication that she's not like a real woman. it's been a spectacular feminist fail on a few occasions but still great to see so many women doing things on a TV show.

turkeyboots Fri 19-Jul-13 19:51:59

I love this show. It's great!

EldritchCleavage Mon 22-Jul-13 13:45:14

Agree. What I like more is that it is not far-fetched. Current National Security Advisor is a woman (Susan Rice), Obama's Supreme Court appointment was a woman (Sotomayor), of the last 6 (approx) Secretaries of State 3 were women (Clinton, Condoleeza Rice, Madeleine Albright). We've had 2 female US ambassadors to the UN (Susan Rice, Jeanne Kirkpatrick), a female US Attorney-General (Janet Reno) and with any luck, Hilary Clinton will run for President again.

I don't know about assassins though.

EldritchCleavage Mon 22-Jul-13 13:45:45

Sorry, not far-fetched in this regard. Everything else about it is as far-fetched as shit from China.

KaseyM Mon 22-Jul-13 17:50:17

I agree. I love the show athough I have to keep rewinding it to understand what they're bloody saying - they speak so fast!!

skrumle Fri 26-Jul-13 23:16:00

Everything else about it is as far-fetched as shit from China

snort - isn't it!?!

walterwhiteswife Fri 14-Mar-14 19:59:23

I LOVE it!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now