Talk

Advanced search

Trip down memory lane - anyone want to join me ?

(10 Posts)
Blistory Tue 28-May-13 16:24:18

So as a child of the 70s, growing up in the 80's I can only recollect Wonder Woman as being a lead role that wasn't a spin off of the male superhero.

That can't be it ?

Oh and I'll add in She-Ra but only because she rocked.

Leithlurker Tue 28-May-13 18:01:18

Cat woman
Wonder woman
Samantha out of Bewitched (ok not super hero but possessor of super powers.)
Aurora in x men
The Angels in UFO not super heroes but sci fi strong female characters.

Sausageeggbacon Tue 28-May-13 18:43:36

The Angels were puppets in Captain Scarlet you are thinking of Lt Gay Ellis who was moonbase commander in UFO, the other key female character was Col Virginia Lake neither would rank as main characters. You also had the Bionic woman and of course Charlies Angels where we were the main characters.

StickEmUpPunk Tue 28-May-13 18:44:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StickEmUpPunk Tue 28-May-13 18:45:31

Leithlurker Tue 28-May-13 18:45:32

Could be but I thought the female pilots of the interceptors and the commander of moonbase Alpha were called Angels?

StickEmUpPunk Tue 28-May-13 18:46:38

Leithlurker Tue 28-May-13 19:01:05

Could not help myself so had to do a quick wiki, and yep your right sausage my old memory failling again, they just seem to be called "moonbase staff" or "Tracker operator."
But since you said Angels they may count as well, and Marena, and Lady Penelope. All in the sci fi but without super powers.

FireBird from Incredible Hulk, one of the Morphin Rangers was female no idea of the name though.

Leithlurker Tue 28-May-13 19:04:23

What about Genie from "I love Genie" like bewitched but with more soft furnishings. She also saves her "Master" in every episode I think.

CaptChaos Tue 28-May-13 20:02:20

Iirc Space 1999 had some fairly strong female characters. I seem to remember wanting to be a space doctor because of one of the females.

In comic books you have Jean Grey who is a very powerful mutant, along with Rogue and Storm, I suppose they aren't 'real' though, so probably wouldn't count.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now