Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just when I couldn't hate The Sun any more...

(10 Posts)
emcwill74 Thu 16-May-13 22:12:40

I hate to link to the shitty rag but if you want some rage, see this: www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/4929385/Do-men-like-you-naked-We-ask-panel-to-rate-six-brave-girls-on-photoshoot.html

So ladeez, just remember, you're not as ugly as you thought you were! BRILLIANT! You too can be happy now you know that whilst you need your naked body to be judged approvingly by men to achieve any sort of validation, Luke the builder probably thinks it OK. Great news.

Seriously if any woman reading this thread buys The Sun, can you just have a think about why you want to support this vile publication? One that tells you every day that your entire worth is bundled up in your appearance. That your happiness rests on being judged by men you don't even know. But not vice-versa. Obvs. That would be silly!

So angry I have to go to bed and calm down.

Darkesteyes Thu 16-May-13 23:04:18

Oh it gets worse OP THIS made me rage last week.

Womens naked bodies critiqued on sexist Danish tv show.

www.news.com.au/entertainment/television/most-sexist-show-ever-danish-television-shows-women-stripping-in-front-of-men-who-critique-their-bodies/story-e6frfmyi-1226634338647

littlethings1 Fri 17-May-13 02:04:53

At least they used women of colour and old wrinkly woman. So you can't complain about them all being slim and attractive.

littlethings1 Fri 17-May-13 02:06:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

littlethings1 Fri 17-May-13 02:06:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

littlethings1 Fri 17-May-13 04:50:47

thezebrawearspurple Sun 19-May-13 00:33:48

I've never felt slimmer or more toned, I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just so unusual to see naked images of women who aren't model types. I don't see it as negative at all. Women do judge themselves based on what others think of their appearance, or at least what they believe others think. It's human nature, we're always sizing ourselves up, comparing ourselves with others, judging others by our own standards, looks are a part of that.

YouMakeMeWannaLaLa Sun 19-May-13 01:08:18

Dr.Hilary was involved in this shite? Bugger, I always quite liked him.

In a way, I want to see the panel of men stripped bare and critiqued by me , but I don't believe worth lies in physical beauty.

CalamityKate Sun 19-May-13 01:46:44

They had a group of men a couple of days later and it was interesting.

There was a fairly stout bloke in the line up and they were FAR harsher on him than they were on the much fatter women previously.

garraway Mon 20-May-13 13:54:14

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now