Talk

Advanced search

Use of the word cunt as an insult towards a male

(83 Posts)
kukeslala Wed 24-Apr-13 19:48:30

Hi

Have posted this on another thread, but very interested to read some more replies, so have decided to give myself my own thread.

I have been reading this board for a few days, and have noticed the word cunt being used to insult males.

I just dont get it?

Why use a word that describes a females vagina to insult a male.

Its not that it is classed as a swear word, its that its used to describe a female body part and then its being used in a derogatory way to insult someone- IYSWIM?

Is it being used to reclaim the word? Or just used without thinking?

Thanks

WrenNatsworthy Fri 26-Apr-13 15:58:14

I've performed in VDay production of the Vagina Monologues, getting an audience of 300 people (including my Dad) shouting 'Cunt' when I did the 'reclaiming cunt' monologue, is one of the highlights of my life. grin

LRDtheFeministDragon Fri 26-Apr-13 16:00:21

grin

That would be pretty damn cool.

LRDtheFeministDragon Fri 26-Apr-13 16:00:44

(I am definitely, definitely with alex on the etymology though - pet hate.)

WrenNatsworthy Sun 28-Apr-13 12:35:27

Sigh.

I've not studied etymology. I posted the link because I've always liked the idea that the word cunt can be reclaimed. There is no 'with alex' or 'with wren'. I stand corrected.

<runs off skipping in the sunshine>

LRDtheFeministDragon Sun 28-Apr-13 14:13:03

confused

I didn't mean it like that - I meant 'I agree with alex about etymology'. So, yes, actually, I do agree with her. It's not a dig at you, it's just part of the discussion.

WrenNatsworthy Sun 28-Apr-13 14:28:58

Groovy.

alexpolismum Sun 28-Apr-13 15:57:40

I agree with alex too wink

LRDtheFeministDragon Sun 28-Apr-13 15:59:56

Good of you. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: