Talk

Advanced search

"I have to tell you, if I'd been anti-women, then the whole of my adult life would have been just that much simpler."

(16 Posts)
Lottapianos Wed 24-Apr-13 14:41:06

That is everyone's favourite fruitcake Nigel Farage, UKIP leader, in response to being referred to as 'anti-women' by a former UKIP party member. How absolutely lovely hmm

Article here

Apparently a UKIP party member owns a lapdancing club, and when asked about it, Farage said that he has been to lap dancing clubs himself in the past. Well that's alright then.

Sickening as all this is, I'm glad it's come out because it just shows another ugly dimension to the UKIP party's beliefs.

WTFisABooyhooISBooyhoo Wed 24-Apr-13 14:46:33

what does anti-women mean? does it mean he doesn't believe women should exist? like anti-fox hunting? confused

slug Wed 24-Apr-13 15:08:30

In his own words including the frankly terrifying quote "Godfrey's comment that 'no employer with a brain in the right place would employ a young, single, free woman' has been proved so right. With this lunacy, that if you have children you get three months paid leave off work, or six months paid leave off work - he absolutely got it spot on."

He's not liked by the women in his party at all

StickEmUpPunk Wed 24-Apr-13 15:16:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lottapianos Wed 24-Apr-13 16:07:27

'With this lunacy, that if you have children you get three months paid leave off work, or six months paid leave off work - he absolutely got it spot on."

Good grief. He must be one of those fruitcakes people who think that women on maternity leave just sit around having manicures and blow drys. What a twit hmm

grimbletart Wed 24-Apr-13 16:33:37

From today's Daily Torygraph

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10013585/Sketch-Nigel-Farage-the-Clarkson-of-Strasbourg.html

Lottapianos Wed 24-Apr-13 16:44:49

Oh god grimbletart, he sounds like the world's biggest bore. The comparison to Clarkson is a good one actually - self-regarding, egomaniac, misogynist, attention-seeking and vile.

slug Wed 24-Apr-13 16:51:08

Not to mention sexually incontinent it appears.

Darkesteyes Wed 24-Apr-13 20:37:08

I cannot stand this mysogynistic egotist.
And the BBC KEEP booking him for Question Time that well known tory mouthpiece objective political show.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 25-Apr-13 07:50:23

And ignorant of maternity law - six weeks at 90% pay, Nige, then a flat weekly rate for 33 more weeks.

GibberTheMonkey Thu 25-Apr-13 07:54:08

StickEmUpPunk
So is my town (norfolk)
Worryingly a 'friend' (who i have discovered is a mail reader) says she going to vote for them.
I'm going to have to think hard about tactical voting as I know how many other mail readers there are around

DonDrapersAltrEgoBigglesDraper Thu 25-Apr-13 08:54:26

Yes, because only women have children. We're all impregnated by the angel Gabriel. Busy dude.

MooncupGoddess Thu 25-Apr-13 08:58:19

He's the sort of guy who says, 'Who, me, a misogynist? you've got it quite wrong, love, I absolutely worship the ladies (nudge nudge, wink wink).'

Xenia Thu 25-Apr-13 09:36:55

Also they are not likely to get in so will just waste a vote if you vote for them.

Lottapianos Thu 25-Apr-13 09:53:59

'He's the sort of guy who says, 'Who, me, a misogynist? you've got it quite wrong, love, I absolutely worship the ladies (nudge nudge, wink wink).''

Absolutely. He probably also claims that he 'loves women' and proves it by going to lapdancing clubs hmm. And I bet he's one of those who claims that men and women are inherently different in so many ways, and have different talents by virtue of their sex e.g. men - putting up shelves, mowing the lawn, making all the decisions: women - having babies, doing all the hard slog stuff with the children, doing all the cooking and cleaning and being a shag puppet and er, that's it. Tosser.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Thu 25-Apr-13 21:31:43

I would like to see all women boycotting men like Nige. It's the only way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now