loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fucking disgusting...

(30 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Mon 07-Jan-13 15:22:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Mon 07-Jan-13 15:28:45

Omg that is just unbelievable!!! She is in now way responsible for any of what happened. I saw her picture in the paper. Such a beautiful young woman and it is a senseless waste. angry she was tiny how the hell was she as guilty? Disgusting!!!

MrsWolowitz Mon 07-Jan-13 15:29:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

She should have 'called them brothers' and 'you can't clap with one hand'. Words fail me at the ignorance of this man. I can only hope his words don't cause her family even more pain. angry

bootsycollins Mon 07-Jan-13 15:43:05

He's a nobody a "self styled "guru"" not the judge. That poor poor girl and her family. I'd rather read about the women on protest marches than his opinion, on the plus side he's really old so probably going to be dead and forgotten anytime soon.

Pineneedlesandsuch Mon 07-Jan-13 17:32:12

I think maybe what he was trying to say was that while it is a sad one, it is a FACT that women are raped and certain areas and buses are dangerous, so they aren't being sensible when going to such places or boarding those buses, leading to their rape. Not to say it's their fault, its the mens fault and yes they SHOULD be able to do these things free from the fear of being raped or attacked but unfortunatly they CANT at this point. SO really the girl wasnt being sensible by doing this and thats what he is saying.

Pine that isn't what he said.

'Only five to six people are not the culprits,' Asaram Bapu said. 'The victim is as guilty as her rapists.

'She should have called the culprits brothers and begged before them to stop.'

He added: 'This could have saved her dignity and life. Can one hand clap? I don't think so.'

He didn't say she should have steered clear of the area only that she didn't beg them to spare her.

FestiviaBlueberry Mon 07-Jan-13 19:27:42

No need to defend a rape apologist Pineneedles.

He's a man who believes women are responsible for men raping them.

Nuff said.

PiccadillyCervix Mon 07-Jan-13 20:08:08

Yes MIssy, not even the normal low level victim blaming.. but pure fucking bile.

It would have been bad enough if he had said it was her fault for being there as its a rough area or whatever but, yes, bile is exactly the right word for the shit he has come out with there.

Sunnywithshowers Mon 07-Jan-13 20:15:37

Misogynist bastard.

BigGiantCowWithAKnockKnockTail Mon 07-Jan-13 20:20:38

I opened the article assuming he would be blaming her for what she was wearing, but to say that? It's inhuman sad

tribpot Mon 07-Jan-13 20:21:06

Why on earth is the Fail giving such prominence to the story? (And using the victim's name, I thought her family had asked for her to remain anonymous?)

Still - we can add this to the pile of fantastic rape advice we've had in the last year - simply call your attacker brother and he/they will stop. Along with 'pregnancy does not happen in cases of forced rape'. Phew, i tell ya - this rape malarkey. I think we must be overthinking it. sad angry confused

Sunnywithshowers Mon 07-Jan-13 20:26:31

tribpot because it's always open season on women in the Fail. And it's rare that they get someone who is openly such an apologist for rapists and murderers. Bonus points if the person comes from forrin.

mcmooncup Mon 07-Jan-13 20:29:37

If we were playing Daily Mail bingo, the article gets Full House.

PiccadillyCervix Mon 07-Jan-13 20:37:14

TBF on the Daily Mail confused

I don't think they are trying to portray this man in a good light, and go on to explain how he has been involved in dodgy dealings in the past.

Also the girls father has given permission for her name to be used now.

PiccadillyCervix Mon 07-Jan-13 20:45:00

This is no different frmm the media furor over Todd Akin (which lost him the election) I can't see it as anything but a good thing when the media do make a point of showing what men in power think.

Confused as to why you guys don't see it that way?

LynetteScavo Mon 07-Jan-13 20:51:35

He's a nobody and a dick head.

The fact that the DM are pointing this out, and that sane rational people are furious about his comments can't be all bad. (Although it would be better if they just didn't mention or quote him at all, IMO)

Pineneedlesandsuch, are you serious???

Stoddleyomp Mon 07-Jan-13 21:02:17

Spiritual guru , my arse! He is a disgusting piece of shit saying things like that. How dare he?! As far as I'm concerned Asaram Bapu is as guilty as the the victims attackers saying something so unbelievably wicked! Suggesting the poor victim should have called them brothers and begged for them to stop? WTF is wrong with him? Ignorant arsewipe!

PretzelTime Mon 07-Jan-13 21:08:12

Wow who knew it was that easy to stop violent crime (and war, and so on) just call the violent gang your brothers and ask them to stop, they absolutely will!

NonnoMum Mon 07-Jan-13 21:08:28

The DM has obviously searched high and low to get the most irrational, sensational, crazy comments about this horrific story. And then they hope we will click on the side bar to see what Kim Kardashian is wearing.

Don't read it. Don't engage. Don't give it headspace.

Because right minded people don't think like this. And the Daily Mail wants to stir us all up into a frenzy.

PiccadillyCervix Mon 07-Jan-13 21:08:55

Do you think Lynette? I really like it whenever these things do get mentioned. His views are horrible but also easy to see how someone gets to those views from the she shouldn't have been there/shouldn't have worn that mentality that pervades society.

Whenever people see this sort of thing and get outraged maybe a tiny bit of them can see how ridiculous it all is really.

Speaking of which I just came across a passage form the bible on the on the site open bible and i wonder if it is the basis for these ideas.

“But if in the open country a man meets a young woman who is betrothed, and the man seizes her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die. But you shall do nothing to the young woman; she has committed no offense punishable by death. For this case is like that of a man attacking and murdering his neighbor, because he met her in the open country, and though the betrothed young woman cried for help there was no one to rescue her. “If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found,

and then this

“If there is a betrothed virgin, and a man meets her in the city and lies with her, then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them to death with stones, the young woman because she did not cry for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbor's wife. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

You see she should have just yelled louder and someone would have rescued her sad

CatPussRoastingOnAnOpenFire Mon 07-Jan-13 21:12:15

What a total and utter cunt!

ThinkAboutItOnBoxingDay Mon 07-Jan-13 22:25:01

I'm with ignore him and don't give fuel to his ideas or his 'self styled' status as a guru.

He's a stupid ignorant old man who's comments should be shushed in embarrassment, not publicised as though they have any relevance to the world.

BuzzyBecs Mon 07-Jan-13 23:57:02

In some countries if you steal something you will get your fingers/hands cut off. Those rapists and this so called spiritual guru should all have their dicks chopped off! If they are not going to hang all the bastards involved then they should damn well make sure they're not going to use their dicks as a weapon again. The spiritual guru should have his tongue cut off, stupid fucking tosser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now