Talk

Advanced search

It's a laptop just for women - what could it be used for?

(43 Posts)
kim147 Thu 25-Oct-12 22:56:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LRDtheFeministDragon Thu 25-Oct-12 23:02:27

At some point people will realize there is no difference between men and women that justifies this - but when?!

Unless it can do me a cervical screening, a breast examination, a pregnancy test ... there's no point in pretending it is for 'women'.

stretch Thu 25-Oct-12 23:05:07

Fux sake! angry I must admit, the article is pretty good! You could almost see the sarcasm.grin

DH just asked if it a female laptop because the letters P,M &T are together *hmm (Don't worry, his bollocks are now my earrings! grin)

The bloody chocolate is just as bad too!

*He is joking.

drjohnsonscat Thu 25-Oct-12 23:07:44

Does it double up as one of those ironing presses?

LRDtheFeministDragon Thu 25-Oct-12 23:07:58

Oohhh, your DH needs telling, stretch!

SinisterSal Thu 25-Oct-12 23:11:17

isn't it bleddy horrible though, I'd nearly go as far as to say it's propaganda. It's so damaging to split us into opposing teams, even though it's domne here as a marketing profit maximising thing, and it'a all fun and sparkly etc. Why draw these battle lines over and over again

argh. daft

LRDtheFeministDragon Thu 25-Oct-12 23:12:23

It is absolutely propaganda. Spot on.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 25-Oct-12 23:14:36

Kim, where do you find these things? You've got a real eye for them smile

I liked the uk press officer quote.

PretzelTime Fri 26-Oct-12 10:55:44

I especially liked how the comments section is full of men explaining to the female writer that Asian women are just so different from terrible unfeminine western women and they actually "like being women." Which means they need a special female laptop in pink.

bryonywhisker Fri 26-Oct-12 10:59:19

The mouse doubles as a love egg. Apparently.

DameMargotFountain Fri 26-Oct-12 11:02:12

does it have a little photo shop programme so you can fit your face onto a new body, like a 'try now buy later' for plastic surgery grin

i like being a woman too, but i don't need a pink laptop to remind me angry

GoSakuramachi Fri 26-Oct-12 11:02:31

It's a business decision. If there wasn't a market for this guff, they wouldn't make it, so there must be people who want it.

happyhorse Fri 26-Oct-12 11:11:12

I thought you were joking about the handbags, horoscopes and nails. Unbelievable, but sadly it probably will appeal to anyone vacuous enough to want to make a handbag collage.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 26-Oct-12 11:11:55

It's a bit of both, really, Go. If there was no such pink laptop, I'm pretty sure a woman needing a laptop in Japan would just buy another laptop. I think they are seeking to create a market.

Startailoforangeandgold Fri 26-Oct-12 11:18:49

WTF my 11y DD wouldn't be caught dead with a soppy pale pink lap top.
Her's is in your face fuchsia pink, it's predecessor was purple (which is what she'd have liked this time).

DD1s is blue.

Both like Yorkiesgrin

kim147 Fri 26-Oct-12 11:18:55

Narked Fri 26-Oct-12 11:19:55

Seems like a good time to link tothese excellent reviews.

PretzelTime Fri 26-Oct-12 11:26:09

Laptops are so small and delicate and feminine. What the market really needs is a big butch one with big keyboard keys for masculine fingers, and a shell in dark blue with a football pattern. Otherwise men might be scared off from using laptops.

pictish Fri 26-Oct-12 11:32:58

That is a spoof surely?! grin

I watched it with the sound down, so it went a bit like this...

"Look! Open it without damaging your nails! Raised buttons for your delicate fingers and those lovely nails! Handbag sites pre-installed for your convenience! Gaze at lovely handbags all day long on your handbag pinboard! There...aren't you a happy kitten?" grin

kim147 Fri 26-Oct-12 11:35:37

TunipTheVegemal Fri 26-Oct-12 11:36:12

It just makes me want to give up.

pictish Fri 26-Oct-12 11:37:48

Was it an instrumental version of soft kitty?
If not, I think it should be.

ParsingFancy Fri 26-Oct-12 11:38:06

Yy, PretzelTime.

We should also launch SmartPhones for Men. Their clumsy great fingers must really struggle with the tiny, delicate standard keyboard.

PrincessSymbian Fri 26-Oct-12 11:39:48

Surely, stuff like this just means we have to fight even harder?!?

I also spotted this the other day Pens for Women!

Unbelievable, but some of the reviews are spot on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now