Western attitudes are to blame when rural Indian men rape :(

(8 Posts)
kim147 Sun 21-Oct-12 11:07:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DameEnidsOrange Sun 21-Oct-12 11:13:31

Sickening.

I'm speechless

grimbletart Sun 21-Oct-12 15:24:46

An extreme version of arguments that we sometimes hear in the West...it's short skirts, it's drink, it's going out at night...

In fact, it's anything is to blame except the only ones that are to blame - the rapists.

AbigailAdams Sun 21-Oct-12 16:56:52

Oh yes focusing on women's behaviour rather than the men's violent abusive behaviour. Trick of the patriarchy. Wonder what excuses they will come up with for the 3 million lost girls

SamuraiCindy Sun 21-Oct-12 19:02:43

So many people just seem to believe men are like wild animals...unable to control themselves. They don't even TRY to challenge them or focus on them - it is always about women and our behaviour. Men need to be the ones to change.

I liked that blog by One Angry Girl when she said if men are truly like wild animals, why are they allowed to roam amongst us, and not locked up in a zoo-like compound.

Lottapianos Tue 23-Oct-12 19:44:50

'An extreme version of arguments that we sometimes hear in the West...it's short skirts, it's drink, it's going out at night...'

So true grimbletart. People will tie themselves in knots trying to find a way to blame anyone and anything except the rapist.

How foul sad

BillyBollyBandy Tue 23-Oct-12 19:51:13

Poor wee girl sad

At least (and I appreciate this is a small victory) the police are there and men have been arrested. Maybe this is the first small step.

I note another way to avoid rape was "to marry young". Yeah, cos that'll fend off the rapists. Unless the rapist is the husband of course.

mrsfuzzy Tue 23-Oct-12 20:41:39

some men still believe that rape doesn't exist in marriage , i find that very disturbing, but back to that young girl, what gives any man the right to do that? she will have to face many problems as certain sections of her society will see her as unclean i feel so sorry for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now