Talk

Advanced search

breast mutilation of young girls

(12 Posts)
HeinousHecate Fri 19-Oct-12 14:26:18

a thread in 'in the news'. I can't believe I have never heard of this before. Is there any campaign at all?

link here

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 19-Oct-12 16:56:36

Shit thanks Hecate that is horrible.

allthegoodnamesweretaken Fri 19-Oct-12 18:31:17

www.cawogido.org/events.html

PaintbrushJo Fri 19-Oct-12 18:45:49

That is awful

TotoroOnTheCatBus Fri 19-Oct-12 21:20:55

Oh god, I just read the IN the news thread and it almost made me be sick. I won't dare click the links. If someone can link to something to sign or email someone I will though

CookingFunt Sat 20-Oct-12 15:05:40

It is heartbreaking. Mostly done to protect them from being raped.

HeinousHecate Sat 20-Oct-12 18:11:27

Yes. As someone put it so well on the other thread - if they want to stop men raping, perhaps they should start ironing penises.

Which is a damned good point well made. Because it's yet another example of making women responsible for the choices of men/women feeling like they are responsible. Breasts make you so irresistible that men are compelled to rape you. so mutilate your breasts sad

When it should be men being taught that they do not have the right to use women's bodies.

HeinousHecate Sat 20-Oct-12 18:12:15

I'm not actually suggesting men should be mutilated. I hope that's clear. It's just about where the focus should be.

HeinousHecate Sat 20-Oct-12 18:12:35

oh, and neither was the poster on the other thread. Just making same point.

Blistory Sat 20-Oct-12 18:28:26

It's a valid point though. Poor men just can't help themselves. Nasty men-tempting women all the way back to Eve.

Sickening but sadly not surprising

Leafmould Thu 25-Oct-12 20:20:15

Absolutely awfl. I can imagine it being used when a girl is facing a personal threat from a particular predatory male. I do wonder if this is the case rather than just a generalised threat of rape. I wish that these threats could be dealt with in a better way.

The woman's hour bit was good. I enjoyed listening to an African woman on the radio!

Xenia Thu 25-Oct-12 20:22:20

Ah I thought this would be about stupid mothers who buy their 16 year old breast enhancement surgery in the UK which in itself is breast mutilation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now