Talk

Advanced search

Now... THIS is feminist

(9 Posts)
WorriedBetty Tue 16-Oct-12 18:56:16

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIXUgtNC4Kc&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

At least according to me! This is much better than all those other female popstars doncha think?

Opinions please!

tallwivglasses Tue 16-Oct-12 20:33:13

Am I getting OLD?

allthegoodnamesweretaken Tue 16-Oct-12 21:35:39

At first I was thinking... maybe I too am getting old (At 23) but then I quite liked it. Not sure how it is feminist though? But then I can never understand what rappers are actually saying.

WorriedBetty Wed 17-Oct-12 18:20:09

Oh I just think its feminist because there is equal anger and dynamism on both parts, it expresses a right for a female to be weird and angry and upfront and arrogant without feeling forced, fake or corporate, and there is a strong sense of humour about the ridiculousness of some male roles and an ok-ness about female presence that is upfront about but not reliant on sexuality.. not on roles, subservience, standard magazine prettiness, and certainly takes the piss out of men and women in their relationship to sex.

Also I really like the 'baby's on fire' video that shows a stupid older brother sleeping with many women (other people's sisters) whils t simultaneously being personally insulted (and jealous/controlling) with his sister's partners that she is obviously seeking, but he sees them as manipulating his sister. In the end he gets his comeuppence.

I think I just like how ballsy and weird she is without feeling contrived or a puppet of some fat american record exec!

PlentyOfPubeGardens Thu 18-Oct-12 08:22:04

Well, I couldn't understand what they were singing <chomps gums>

My first impression was yes, 'weird', but not sure how that equates to feminist.

The sequence in the 'gynaecologists' was really quite foul. A woman has an insect pulled out of her fanjo - doesn't this just once again suggest that women's genitals are disgusting?

I didn't like this one much either.

PretzelTime Thu 18-Oct-12 14:08:59

Weird racist stuff. I could only watch about 3 seconds of that. Oh and top rated comment on the video was "BITC?H PLEASE @@!!!! OPERATION KILL THE BITCHES !!! "

PretzelTime Thu 18-Oct-12 14:14:57

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/die-antwoord-fatty-boom-boom-video-lady-gaga_n_1973350.html

So yeah, it's basically an anti-feminist video hating on Lady Gaga.

WorriedBetty Thu 18-Oct-12 14:46:11

So yeah, you like read journos and believe their opinion yeah?

PretzelTime Thu 18-Oct-12 15:02:57

Yeah.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now