Talk

Advanced search

First Marie Stopes clinic to open in Belfast

(9 Posts)
CrunchyFrog Thu 11-Oct-12 23:23:09

Belfast Telegraph report and poll

There have been some very interesting responses.

For my part, I hope I never need it, but I am bloody glad it's there! £450 is a hell of a lot easier to find than the sometimes thousands women have had to spend getting to the mainland.

CrunchyFrog Thu 11-Oct-12 23:26:22

Oops, just noticed the other thread - but it's worth a look at the article, and the anti-choicers are rallying for the poll, so maybe worth a click at that too!

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 11-Oct-12 23:36:45

Done.
Thank you for posting this link Crunchy. I urge you all to vote. Please. The women of NI deserve reproductive choices, just like other women in the UK.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 11-Oct-12 23:41:44

Blimey...not exactly an unbiased piece of reporting I'd have said. Thanks frog.

DioneTheDiabolist Fri 12-Oct-12 00:05:38

Have "shared" this on FB.
First time I have ever done anything like this. Please do the same wonderful MNetters.

Arseface Fri 12-Oct-12 00:17:54

Done.

Shocked at some of the comments though sad

DioneTheDiabolist Fri 12-Oct-12 00:30:22

Welcome to Northern Ireland Arseface. Please set your watch to local time: the 17th century.sad

TeaAndHugs Fri 12-Oct-12 11:31:53

Absolutely fantastic news. I cannot believe anyone is objecting to this, given that the clinic will only be doing abortions when there is a severe threat to health or life. How can it be pro-life to want to let women die?

CrunchyFrog Thu 18-Oct-12 16:55:48

Sad but not surprised.

Warning, the link below is horrible and distressing.

Clinic opened today. Anyone using the legal, confidential range of services would have been met by this

Someone took their 9 month old child. The paper described the child as protesting. <facepalm>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now