Talk

Advanced search

How to keep your man, by Samantha Brick...another (non)advert for the DM

(23 Posts)
Back2Two Fri 05-Oct-12 07:30:32

Ensuring your man feels desired and adored is the glue that binds a loving relationship. No wonder so many frustrated, sex-starved men play away.

more advice here, (DM alert)

I particularly don't like this statement : Men are faithful, generous beings as long as they feel appreciated. After our liaison, my husband bought me £200 worth of make-up. Shona, take a leaf out of my book. If you don?t look after your man, someone else will.

I'm not expecting any serious response to such rubbish, but is she for real?

KillerRack Fri 05-Oct-12 08:47:40

Liason? is she a bad prostitute from the 80's?

but yeah the 'it's your fault if your man strays' is nonsense.

I wonder if she thinks its his responsibility if she were to stray.

roughtyping Fri 05-Oct-12 08:57:37

Horrible stuff. The guy's poorly veiled threats that some men 'might be right' that he is entitled to cheat. What a horrible way to behave. And Samantha Brick is just bizarre...

MrsSalvoMontalbano Fri 05-Oct-12 09:09:02

lol at the avid reading of the Daily Mail - they seem to get a large chunk of their readiership from mumsnetters. How about just not reading it?

Uppercut Fri 05-Oct-12 12:44:58

Haha. Both the Guardian and the DM contain articles that should be read only under the assumption you're being trolled by the author.

ThreeEdgedSword Fri 05-Oct-12 12:54:20

I have never understood Samantha Brick. What qualifies her to bang on about attractiveness (which is an opinion rather than a fact) and what makes a good relationship (ditto)?

I sleep in pyjama bottoms and on of DPs T-shirts. He loves the fact I wear his top. He thinks I look sexy in it smile. Blatant nudity is, in my opinion, not sexy at all.

As for men being faithful and generous only when they feel appreciated, what complete and utter twaddle. Surely if a man loves you he would be faithful regardless of how much sex you have? And the fact that Mrs Brick's husband buys her £200 of make-up after their "liaison" hmm just makes her sound like a prostitute. She is, to all intents and purposes, selling her body to her husband.

Piffle and poppycock, I say.

UnknownGnome Fri 05-Oct-12 13:16:51

"Imagine my dismay, then, when I read that Shona prefers housework to hot sex. Wives who behave like this truly exasperate me. Is it any wonder almost half of all marriages end in divorce?"

Dismay? Really? I can't imagine ever feeling dismayed by someone else's sex life. Strange. I guess it validates her own relationship with her client partner though.

Bonsoir Fri 05-Oct-12 13:18:22

Samantha Brick is nauseous but she isn't entirely wrong about sex and men needing to feel appreciated wink

Xenia Fri 05-Oct-12 17:28:53

She is very good at what she does - get people inflamed. She has nabbed this impoverished fat ugly country Frenchman with his 15 year old step son (and ex wife near by) who just about anyone would regard as not any kind of catch at all and is having to scratch a living writing articles. Presumably most of the £200 for makeup has really come out of her earnings not his anyway.

The ideal is that couples end up with someone with a similar sex drive. if you'are both happy that's fine. If you aren't whatever your sex then something is wrong which should be fixed.

catwomanlikesmeatballs Fri 05-Oct-12 18:08:51

I don't get why this woman is proud of being such a cheap 'prostitute', I could understand someone who is earning thousands a day 'taking care' of a rich man but she's bragging about getting peanuts. She's desperate to be viewed as a 'trophy wife', bizarre.

Back2Two Fri 05-Oct-12 22:49:56

Her husband looks like a pork farmer who has more than his share of moustache wax and saucisson.

She is deluded and maybe in need of a good saucisson.

LesleyPumpshaft Mon 08-Oct-12 20:20:07

She has nabbed this impoverished fat ugly country Frenchman with his 15 year old step son (and ex wife near by) who just about anyone would regard as not any kind of catch at all and is having to scratch a living writing articles. Presumably most of the £200 for makeup has really come out of her earnings not his anyway.

Thanks, that was one of the most amusing posts I've read in a while!

avenueone Mon 08-Oct-12 20:50:14

hey now ladies remember we are only saying these horrible things about her because we are jelous of her grin
I just pity her as reality will hit her on day and her looks confused will fade.

VBisme Mon 08-Oct-12 21:05:11

Oh dear lord, why won't she just go away.
She probably does need to keep her husband "satisfied" to stop him straying, he's a neanderthal.
and yes, the desperation to be a trophy wife is odd, I think she's trying to let the popular girls from her school days know that she's considered pretty by a man.

LesleyPumpshaft Mon 08-Oct-12 21:11:17

Fire, a club and a deer carcass would probably keep him satisfied!

AnyFucker Mon 08-Oct-12 21:13:19

the woman is a wind up merchant, best ignored

AmazingBouncingFerret Mon 08-Oct-12 21:26:45

She is nothing more than a troll.

EchoBitch Tue 09-Oct-12 02:37:23

But why did he even have to respond?

What a pair of arses.

Seems to me she insulted him and he's getting his own back.

Jeez,for an equal relationship on here sometimes.

Strawhatpirate Tue 09-Oct-12 05:04:59

I didn't even get so much as a lipstick from dh after our last 'liason' maybe I'm doing it wrong. Curse you Samanta Brick and your supernatural sexual powers. Where does the daily fail find their columnists? Have they got a sworn duty to employ the most awful women in britain or something? Kay Burley will pitch up there before long.

digerd Fri 12-Oct-12 21:34:55

The other day I was with a trio of women 50s,60sand 70s. The oldest said she had been married happily for 43 years, the youngest ask her if she still did "it" then. The oldest said, " Of course, I want to keep my husband happy with all his needs". I thought how unselfish and giving she was, but she looked so happy. A woman certainly needs to feel loved and respected by her man, just as a man does. But, for me - a woman- being made to feel desirable is a bonus so long as the man considers and appreciates her desires which are not always the same as his.

Kashmiracle Sat 13-Oct-12 17:24:50

I can't stand this bloody woman.

It's not just insulting to women, but men too. I assume he'd like to think there was more to our relationship than me 'keeping him happy' and him showing his gratitude by buying me things.

I wish she'd crawl back under the rock she came out of.

TheCrackFox Sat 13-Oct-12 17:45:53

I really don't believe a word this woman writes and that she has created a Daily Mail persona that is helping (probably paying all) the bills.

I think Xenia is on to something and that Ms Brick is stuck in rural France and is desperately scrabbling about for cash.

tiggy114 Sat 13-Oct-12 22:44:48

Awfulwoman. She drives me nuts. As for prefering housework over sex. I'd prefer a good book over both of those grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now