Talk

Advanced search

Cadbury Crispello

(17 Posts)
BoerWarKids Thu 04-Oct-12 14:02:20

Cadbury is launching a new chocolate bar aimed at women.

Cadbury hopes Crispello will be the perfect little treat for women who are worried about putting on weight as it contains only 165 calories compared to Mars at 260 and 180 for a Flake.

?We know from experience that women are attracted to this particular format,? a Cadbury spokesman said.

?It will also appeal to women because it is in three separate portions so they can consume a little at a time rather than in one go.?

What the actual fuck shock I cannot believe that manufacturers are still trying to flog us gendered food products! "We know from experience..." have they concluded this from market research?

If I want chocolate, I buy the good quality stuff that doesn't have a long ingredient list full of crap.

I want to email Cadbury to complain about this, who's with me? Perhaps someone can articulate my anger better than I can, too!

devilinside Thu 04-Oct-12 14:27:39

How irritating. I would never buy such a product. I hate the idea that it's called 'a perfect little treat'. men don't get patronised in the same way.

If I eat chocolate I want to stuff it all in at once, not have three dainty little squares to nibble on grin*reaches for Yorkie bar*

kim147 Thu 04-Oct-12 14:30:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Uppercut Thu 04-Oct-12 14:37:56

"men don't get patronised in the same way."

Incorrect.

We are encouraged to consume things in chunky, man-sized portions. The more foolish of us do this, such that, on average, we can die more often of chunky man-sized heart attacks.

devilinside Thu 04-Oct-12 14:43:46

Men get patronised in a 'different' way - you are big and strong requiring man-sized portions. Whereas we are expected to be worrying about our weight, given permission to have a 'perfect little treat' now and again

Uppercut Thu 04-Oct-12 14:55:29

So you'd prefer it if you were patronized in the same way as men? Probably along the lines of 'filling out your curves' (and filling in your arteries).

piprabbit Thu 04-Oct-12 14:58:17

But <wails> it's not even especially low-calorie at only 15 calories less than the famously indulgent Flake.

So not only is it hugely patronising, it is also bollocks.

angryjoanna Thu 04-Oct-12 18:31:29

Boer War Kids, I sent a sarcastic email to the Brand Manager for this patronising product yesterday. I'll be interested to see if they take my "praise" seriously and respond. I've posted the text of the email here:

yourdaughterswillbenext.wordpress.com/

Maybe we could send a group one - it might be more powerful?

CelstialNavigation Thu 04-Oct-12 18:49:56

There is no way I could buy that special female treat over the counter. The wrapper is not pink for a start.

Or as the Guardian said (to the resealable pouch aspect) "When will they learn?"

Himalaya Thu 04-Oct-12 19:09:47

Yes it probably is a result of Market research.

If people didn't respond to what products are supposed to "say" about them shops would be much smaller and there wouldn't need to be any brands, just products labelled 70% cocoa, 50% cocoa and so on and we would all make our rational choices (might be a bit like Aldi, or The Weighhouse grin).

But people do respond to marketing twaddle, so I guess you can't blame companies for doing it.

TheLightPassenger Thu 04-Oct-12 19:12:51

that was my first thought too, pip, think I'll stick with the flake grin, Suppose we should be thankful they didn't call it the crispellA

RubyrooUK Thu 04-Oct-12 19:19:00

I've been sent a bunch of Crispellos. The most important thing you need to know is that they taste absolutely shit. No-one will buy these long-term, female or male.

MiniTheMinx Thu 04-Oct-12 19:27:26

I think most women are intelligent enough to know that if they really want to lose weight, eat an apple not some crap full of additives.

But then there is huge money in keeping people fat. without fat people there would be no need to market diets or diet foods.

AberdeenAnxious Fri 05-Oct-12 12:51:27

I'm a huge chocolate fan but I think these look shit. Doesn't look like there's anything to them, like thoses Buena or Bueno things. Plus, you know, I don't need Cadbury's to 'allow' me to have a 'treat'.

I might write a complaint, using my Bic 'for her' pen, of course grin

Iodine Sun 07-Oct-12 00:44:19

Ffs if I want a chocolate bar I don't care about calories!!

IdCalUaCuntBtUvNtGotTheDepth Sun 07-Oct-12 09:17:04

Wow. who comes up with this shit?

Titsalinabumsquash Sun 07-Oct-12 09:22:09

head in hands

This depresses me greatly, it really does. Why are we suddenly being inundated with everyday products tailored to our genitals?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now