Talk

Advanced search

Mike Tyson has had his NZ visa withdrawn.

(5 Posts)
HipHopOpotomus Wed 03-Oct-12 17:01:39

He was initially granted one, to speak at an event, as a children's charity was set to benefit financially from the event. The charity distanced themselves from him and any potential fiscal benefit to them, and them the PM stepped in and revoked the VISA.

here

HOORAH! <<proud>>

IdCalUaCuntBtUvNtGotTheDepth Wed 03-Oct-12 17:29:04

Hoorah, but horrible that he was initially ever considered worthy of speaking on behalf of children...

IdCalUaCuntBtUvNtGotTheDepth Wed 03-Oct-12 17:32:36

In a reversal, Mike Tyson has been denied entry to the country whose indigenous Maori people he says inspired his facial tattoo. New Zealand authorities on Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012 canceled an entry visa for the former heavyweight boxing champion and convicted rapist, days after the prime minister spoke out against his planned visit.

I want to live in a world where convicted rapist comes before boxing champiion in his bio.

He’ll only be in the country for 20 hours, I don’t think he’s a danger to anybody, and thousands of people want to see him,” Markson said.

also find this sad, he certainly is a danger to teenage women. But guess they dont count

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 03-Oct-12 17:37:32

Yay NZ!

Machadaynu Wed 03-Oct-12 17:38:22

I think biographies are normally chronological. I wouldn't read too much in to it.

The order here also explains why he was coming (former boxing champ) and why he has had his visa revoked (convicted rapist) so it seems well written.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now