Talk

Advanced search

AAIBU or does this article make you feel just a bit stabby?

(14 Posts)
IdCalUaCuntBtUvNtGotTheDepth Wed 19-Sep-12 18:48:28

A friend posted this on their FB about necesity being the mother of invention, but I read it and could only see the horror of her family.

this upsetting bit of antifeminism

AllPastYears Wed 19-Sep-12 19:13:11

She is living with animals! A DH who refuses to wipe his feet after walking through dog poo? Is he some kind of moron?

IdCalUaCuntBtUvNtGotTheDepth Wed 19-Sep-12 19:25:01

He has so little respect for her it is unbelievable. And she laughingly implies that the kids have learned their behaviours from the dad.. Well no, they learned you are their lackey and will clean up after them from their dad. She also refers to her "market group" as moms. Right because only mothers clean, it's that kind of thinking that has made her the house slave.

EverybodysCryEyed Wed 19-Sep-12 19:39:18

My dh would love one of those pens!

But yes, he just wipes his fingers in the curtains? He really is disgusting. I pity the women who marry into that family.

And the way she tries to make it sound so funny. It's not funny it's weird

BillyBollyBandy Wed 19-Sep-12 19:42:02

Hopefully she earns enough money to be financially independent and leave him.

If she is already in that position then she is a fool.

FastidiaBlueberry Wed 19-Sep-12 22:52:22

God what a doormat

This story is really sad

samandi Thu 20-Sep-12 13:22:17

God they (the males) sound repulsive. So disrespectful, disgusting, lazy and entitled. I'd feel sorry for her but she seems to love it.

Fortunately I don't have any need to buy her paint pen as my partner is fully capable of cleaning up after himself and would never dream of making such a mess in the first place.

greenhill Thu 20-Sep-12 13:38:20

shock. YY to earning enough to be able to divorce the entire family. For your husband to be a slob is bad enough, but having no respect for your home or for your partner / parent is dreadful.

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Fri 21-Sep-12 18:27:19

Sheesh.

Wiping his hands on the curtains? Walking dog shit into the house and not cleaning it up?

What an utter arsehole.

FastidiaBlueberry Fri 21-Sep-12 21:53:09

That is a real big fuck off to her isn't it?

I'll spread shit and you clean it up, bitch.

And the poor woman is in massive denial about how much contempt he has for her.

It is obviously too painful and humiliating to face.

scottishmummy Fri 21-Sep-12 21:59:38

she's a fucking fool for being a doormat
and homely wife
if you treat dh and children like demigods they will act entitled given she
enable it

HipHopOpotomus Mon 24-Sep-12 12:28:33

the 'tolerance' levels of some people is quite simply unbelievable.
Some people respond to arsehole behaviour by asking themselves "how can I change?"

I don't work like that. If DP was behaving in such a way (re dog shit, curtain wiping etc & I should add he NEVER would) there is no way we could be together. I would make it very clear it was unacceptable behaviour that I would not live with.

I have a friend at the moment who I fear is living with some pretty unacceptable behaviour, and she just smiles and takes it all on board and changes herself to accommodate behaviour which is shock to me. "If your happy I'm happy" and "what can I do to make you happy even though you are a loon and totally fucking unreasonable ?etc

fastidia sums up the situation well!

GothAnneGeddes Mon 24-Sep-12 18:37:01

AAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!

If I lived in that house, there'd be someone cleaning up all right - cleaning up blood splatters after I murdered them all.

As Fastidia said, it is utter, utter contempt. The husband might as well spit in her face on a daily basis.

Can you imagine if someone marketed a Washing Spit Off My Face Cloth? - "My husband spits in my face everyday, and with this cloth, I can wash it off right away and be ready to serve his every whim. Yay!"

scottishmummy Mon 24-Sep-12 19:58:40

for as long as shk skivvies about,this us treatment she will get
she needs to take responsibility for raising kids like that
and her och men, attitude sucks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now