Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone listening to Woman's Hour right now?

(12 Posts)
ElaineReese Wed 19-Oct-11 10:16:02

This is really annoying me.
They're talking about women 'just are' horrible and judgmental toward one another, especially in the playground.

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 19-Oct-11 10:17:08

Oh God, yes! Lazy journalism, at it's height, not impressed.

ElaineReese Wed 19-Oct-11 10:26:38

'We're born to bitch' - thank you Jane.

Ineversignedupforthis Wed 19-Oct-11 11:56:14

which Jane Elaine, didn't hear it.

ElaineReese Wed 19-Oct-11 11:57:45

Jane Garvey, is it? The presenter.

ZephirineDrouhin Wed 19-Oct-11 12:02:25

Yes was really really bad - as though Woman's Hour had been possessed by the Daily Mail. I felt embarrassed for the generally wonderful Jane Garvey for having to preside over such pap.

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 19-Oct-11 12:05:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BedatHogwarts Wed 19-Oct-11 12:07:57

Do feminists really listen to anything with a title as patronising as 'Woman's Hour'?

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 19-Oct-11 12:13:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElaineReese Wed 19-Oct-11 12:24:33

Well the question of whether 'woman's hour' should exist, or be called that, is another thing, isn't it?

I must admit unless it's Money Box Live, or Fags Mags and Bags, I never turn off radio 4 when at home, so I do end up hearing a lot of annoying things.

Anyway - it was both lazy and offensive. Am I the only person who just drops off at school and talks to some people and likes some people, but not so much some others, but it's not really an issue in my life? This feature made anyone who doesn't get 'stressed' about it seem very unusual!

ZephirineDrouhin Wed 19-Oct-11 12:34:54

You certainly are not alone, ER. The whole report was bizarre, silly and rather offensive.

Ineversignedupforthis Wed 19-Oct-11 15:35:05

Do I need to listed this on Catch-Up, or will it make me
angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now