Talk

Advanced search

So one of the blurbs on competitions on MN describes their products thus

(7 Posts)
NormaSatansFelcher Thu 13-Oct-11 21:55:18

"My little pony continues to inspire friendship and fun in the hearts of girls through fantastical and imaginative play. Girls can expand their pony collection with this fun-filled goody bag; containing Twilight Sparkle's Twinkling Balloon, a Story Pack, Fashion Pony, Deluxe Pony, Vehicle set and five fabulous pony friends to play with."

here

It just makes my teeth itch and I can't express exactly why. Maybe because ponies and the fact that girls should have fun in their hearts. Shouildn;t boys have fun in theirs too?

ecclesvet Thu 13-Oct-11 22:02:16

I think you might be over-thinking it. It makes my teeth itch too, but only because it's far too cutesy. I don't think there's any sexist angle to it.

NormaSatansFelcher Thu 13-Oct-11 22:12:01

I probably am overthinking.

I just spent a 36 hours with neanderthal, traditional male, in the club of our specific job types, limiting myself to chalenging one sexist comment in 3, so am probably a bit over sensitive at the moment

Tchootnika Thu 13-Oct-11 22:22:34

We should all have fun in our hearts, Felch thanks

kickassangel Fri 14-Oct-11 00:55:40

yeah, but i hate how girls are meant to love ponies, pretty things, pink, glitter, fashion etc.

plenty of little boys like glitter, too, but aren't expected to above a certain age.

and, in rl, ponies shit & piss a lot - bet that's not part of the fun that girls imagine

TenderlyLovinglyByAGoat Fri 14-Oct-11 01:23:15

actually I love it when they wee - their stance, the length of their schlongs as they unfurl, the way they so carefully avoid splashing themselves with their wee yet start eating grass mere centimetres away which must have had a few wee particles land on it, the way they have to do a wee if you put fresh straw underneath them

and have been thinking lots about their poo, why do it everywhere? Is it true that stallions poo in the same place while mares and geldings are less restricted - have never noticed - and is it really that bad to let them stop for a poo? Just because they CAN walk/trot poo at same time is it fair to always make them?

skrumle Fri 14-Oct-11 07:54:56

makes my teeth itch because of the word "girls". why are ponies just for girls??? why can't the word children be used instead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now