Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Saddened by UWE's SU fundraiser.....it's "Miss UWE"

(7 Posts)
PosieIsSaggySacForLemaAndPigS Thu 13-Oct-11 13:37:03

Hello,

beautiful ladies from the University West of England! (UWE)

This is something that has possibly never been done before in the history of this university and the extra added bonus is that with 'CHILDREN IN NEED' around the corner all money raised from tickets etc will be all going towards it.

Soooo...have you ever felt like a superstar!
Ever wanted to be among the stars and make a name for yourself, be remembered as MISS UWE 2011!

HERE is the chance for you to enter the competition and WIN your title and PRIZE!

details here

MsAnnTeak Thu 13-Oct-11 13:42:32

I never had that lethal combination of beauty and brains.

theothersparticus Thu 13-Oct-11 13:46:57

Taking a leaf out of PETA's book prehaps?

It makes me uncomfortable that leering at women is okay, because it's for charity hmm whatever happen to the good ole fun-run?

PosieIsSaggySacForLemaAndPigS Thu 13-Oct-11 14:28:20

Talent show would be much more fun......

MrsFionaCharming Fri 14-Oct-11 01:49:12

Hmmmm UWE have a bit of a history for this. Last year they decided to copy a fundraiser that Bristol University hold once a year. Only at Bristol it's a variety show with a comedy strip tease at the end. The entire focus of the UWE advertising of their event was 'come and see the netball players strip'.

I'm beginning to be quite ashamed to be associated with UWESU, and I seem to be in the activities office complaining about something they're doing almost every week!

rosy71 Fri 14-Oct-11 06:58:47

Hmmmm UWE have a bit of a history for this
Do they? I went to UWE (In the days when it was Bristol Polytechnic) and the students union was quite right on really. Mind you, the bar was called the Karl Marx Bar in those days...... I find it quite alien that a university would think of having a beauty contest. Obviously things have changed since my day!

Rivenwithoutabingle Fri 14-Oct-11 11:34:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now