Talk

Advanced search

Help! I need a slogan please

(8 Posts)
knit1purl1 Thu 29-Sep-11 22:00:48

Hello, My local feminist society are protesting tomorrow - outside the doors of a newly opening lap dancing club in our town. I want to make a small placard to carry and my mind has gone a blank. Can anyone suggest some good eye-catching and, ideally, funny slogans?

(Me, I fancy lightly mocking any sad case punters turning up there. Am sure several others will use good solid Object lines though so a balance should be achieved).

Grateful for any help. Cheers
p.s. cross posted with "feminist activism" thread to get maximum feedback

thechairmanmeow Thu 29-Sep-11 22:34:49

lapwankers

knit1purl1 Fri 30-Sep-11 08:11:44

Nice. That'll even fit on my titchy bikeable placard. Cheers!

sunshineandbooks Fri 30-Sep-11 09:33:37

Want your daughter to work here?

millimurphy Fri 30-Sep-11 10:59:18

Sap Dancing Club?

knit1purl1 Sat 01-Oct-11 22:48:03

Chickened out on the "lap wankers" which is probably good as the friendly helpful police did mention they might not have been as friendly if we'd had offensive signs.

In the end went with another mumsnet suggestion: "Not every Tom, Dick and Harry uses lap dancing clubs just the Dicks" deemed, apparently, inoffensive. Phew.

Big thanks for the suggestions. Demo went well but there's another club opening in a week or two so a) demo clearly went not quite well enough b) more suggestions welcome for the next one!

WilsonFrickett Sun 02-Oct-11 10:59:58

It's OK, your daughter doesn't work here.

WilsonFrickett Sun 02-Oct-11 11:01:51

It's not 'just a dance' if she's not wearing pants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now