Talk

Advanced search

David Cox in the Guardian

(16 Posts)
elportodelgato Mon 19-Sep-11 21:35:09

Just seen this on the Guardian site, speaks for itself really, just confused as to why the G are printing this crap when it's usually the Daily Hatemail

http://t.co/XHTFwBhn

KRITIQ Mon 19-Sep-11 21:37:43

Link here I Don't Know How She Does It? We know only too well Do high-flying supermums really get what they want by cheating their children, partners, colleagues and employers?

I saw the title come up on the Guardian front page and wasn't sure my blood pressure would permit me to read it.

elportodelgato Mon 19-Sep-11 21:43:53

Thanks for posting the link properly, have just emailed the G to complain angry what a twat

KRITIQ Mon 19-Sep-11 21:46:26

At least many of the comments below the line point out how ludicrous, offensive and hypocritical the article is.

EllieG Mon 19-Sep-11 21:49:02

Oh I read that, it's rubbish and made me all red and annoyed

LeninGrad Mon 19-Sep-11 21:50:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HereBeBolloX Mon 19-Sep-11 21:52:14

What a load of shit.

I can't believe that in The Guardian, in 2011, this sort of reactionary shit is being printed. What the hell has ahppened to that paper?

The film sounds dire, which is a shame as the book was quite funny and good. But this doesn't even qualify as a film review, it's just a resentful rant about uppity mothers who don't know their place.

Has the Guardian been bought out by the Daily Fail, the day I didn't turn the news on or something?

edd1337 Mon 19-Sep-11 21:55:45

Strange one that. The Guardian is a very Liberal paper as well

DorisIsAPinkDragon Mon 19-Sep-11 22:09:32

One very bitter and twisted man there then.

What a pile of shit written as an attention seeking piece.

pah not worth the effort.

SybilBeddows Mon 19-Sep-11 22:13:38

it's not that surprising given that is the newspaper that hosts Comment Is Free.

HereBeBolloX Mon 19-Sep-11 22:16:35

Has he just got divorced or something?

Or has his wife just asked him when he's going to do the vacuuming he said he was going to do last Thursday?

His sense of entitlement reeks out of him, doesn't it? How dare these women not do free wifework so that men can go out to work and not have to bother about this stuff.

StayFrosty Mon 19-Sep-11 22:32:13

Goodness me. I couldn't help but read it imagining the genders reversed. Except it never would be written with the genders reversed. Because a statement like "Highly advantaged men often seem to assume they're entitled to total fulfilment both at work and at home as of right. If they don't get it, they've been robbed." or "Ambitious dads can try to turn their partners into housewives but it would be only fair to tell them what they're in for" would immediatly be howled down as manhating radfem conspiracy theory loonituniness unfair generalisaion omg teh poor menz.

LeninGrad Mon 19-Sep-11 22:36:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StayFrosty Mon 19-Sep-11 23:14:59

This film has already got me in a teeth grinding fury without stuff like this. I saw it advertised on the side of a bus and the tagline is "if it was easy, men would do it too". Gaaaaaaah.

StayFrosty Mon 19-Sep-11 23:20:16

.... Stuff like that tagline to me is down there with loose women, 'men are visual creatures/just don't see mess' Boots here come the girls adverts, just horrid cringeworthy mockeries of empowerfulness.

samandi Tue 20-Sep-11 20:21:12

Repulsive. What a horrible, bitter old man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now