Talk

Advanced search

Could we just say a great big THANK YOU to Dittany

(88 Posts)
AnyFucker Sat 17-Sep-11 20:42:46

Thanks.

That is it.

You know how I have appreciated your posts and your influence, so I don't need to say more.

No nay-sayers allowed, please respect this space for people who wish to express their appreciation of a person who has been a force for good on MN.

thenightsky Sat 17-Sep-11 20:44:54

Dittany, I miss your wise posts sad

buzzskillington Sat 17-Sep-11 20:47:48

Thank you Dittany

SharonGless Sat 17-Sep-11 20:50:34

Thank you dittany

I really can't impress on you the effect your posts and th creation of the feminist section has had on my life, only for the better. Plus I am challenging more in my daily life and encouraging other women to do th same

AnyFucker Sat 17-Sep-11 20:51:42

I really think the Feminist Section wouldn't have been created without Dittany's influence (among others of course)

ConstanceNoring Sat 17-Sep-11 20:52:16

<<blows raspberries>>

Just kidding, thanks Dittany, you have sometimes scared the shit out of me but I have great admiration for your passion and also your patience.

Sorry, I'm pretty crap with words....,

Grumpla Sat 17-Sep-11 20:53:17

THANKYOU DITTANY!

I hope you come back soon sad

Yama Sat 17-Sep-11 20:57:59

I remember before we had a Feminist section mners used to abuse Dittany. It angered me. I awoke from my little bubble where women weren't really discrimated against and reaffirmed my feminist beliefs.

Childbearing radicalised me and Dittany articulated and validated my views. Heartfelt thanks.

sunshineandbooks Sat 17-Sep-11 21:27:03

What a lovely thread AF. Thanks for starting it. And definitely a big thank you to Dittany who has never been anything less than inspirational.

UsingMainlySpoons Sat 17-Sep-11 21:27:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kerrymumbles Sat 17-Sep-11 21:28:17

oh ffs dittany stop being a stubborn edjit and get back on here so i don't have to see any more dittany love-ins.

ConstanceNoring Sat 17-Sep-11 21:33:56

Aren't you feeling the lurve Kerry? C'mon Dittany stay, we can still eat the leaving cake...

kerrymumbles Sat 17-Sep-11 21:37:06

i never beg anyone to return to mn.

she wants to go then let her.

the place will suffer for it.

oh well.

SybilBeddows Sat 17-Sep-11 21:39:18

IIRC the feminist topic was actually Dittany's idea.

And there are quite a few feminist groups that have been set up in the last year and a half as a result of the topic being here.

Thank you Dittany, all the hours you've spend on MN banging your head against a brick wall have done a lot of good.

(and I hope you come back.)

LynetteScavo Sat 17-Sep-11 21:41:37

MN should have a special topic where people can post their love and appreciation for flounced posters.

ConstanceNoring Sat 17-Sep-11 21:47:17

There is Flouncer's corner , but unless you know someone's going you would think to go there and add your farewell.

ConstanceNoring Sat 17-Sep-11 21:47:58

Wouldn't *

AnyFucker Sat 17-Sep-11 21:52:14

thanks all so far

keeping it clean

good

FromGirders Sat 17-Sep-11 21:53:11

*thank you* Dittany.

You've made me challenge my thinking and ideas, and that is a good thing.

LeBOF Sat 17-Sep-11 21:54:04

I love Dittany. We've had our run-ins, but she is someone I would love to know in real life.

AnyFucker Sat 17-Sep-11 21:55:11

Me too

jenny60 Sat 17-Sep-11 21:56:04

Haven't been around for a while but so so sorry to hear Dittany has left. Thanks for your commitment and for making me laugh too. I will miss you sad

Yama Sat 17-Sep-11 21:59:04

And clearly I meant discriminated rather than 'discrimated'. [Embarrassed]

UterusUterusGhali Sat 17-Sep-11 22:00:07

Some of your posts have left me hmm, but you have taught me a lot and opened my eyes to lots of feminist type thingies.

If you take something from MN, know that you have made at least one lady re-assess her attitude to women's rights and calls herself a feminist again after years in the uninformed patriarchal hinterland.

AyeBelieveInTheHumanityOfMen Sat 17-Sep-11 22:23:01

Dittany, you changed my life, Not necessarily in an easy way grin at the moment, until I get a handle on my anger, but definitely for the better. I think you have been the stone in the MN pool from which the ripples will go far and wide. I am only sorry that I didn't catch up fast enough to be a source of defence for you against those who weren't willing to even understand what you were saying, even if they disagreed,

Some people don't like that you have been so influential, but tough shit.

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now