Talk

Advanced search

Hi, I just thought you should know you are being bitched about on this website

(139 Posts)
sakura Fri 19-Aug-11 12:39:48

I've just received a PM from ShroedingersMew directing me to a website where, apparently, I am being bitched about.

I haven't bothered even to click on the link. But I just wanted to let the other feminists on here know in case something similar happens to them.

I would say the best thing to do is ignore the link, ignore the website altogether, and not let them have the traffic.

There are two things abusive men hate: being laughed at, and being ignored.

LeBOF Fri 19-Aug-11 12:43:07

People bitch on the Internet all the time- you want to check out OTBT some days <yes, I can see it, you fools> grin

Good for you for not rising to it.

MrsPollifaxInnocentTourist Fri 19-Aug-11 12:54:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sakura Fri 19-Aug-11 12:56:02

Thanks LeBof and Mrs smile

A feminist must be doing something right if she's being bitched about, or is the target of abuse, I always say.

It's when men love your writing, and support you, that you know you're doing something wrong

grin

justforaminute Fri 19-Aug-11 13:01:27

oh nothing new then[being bitched about]
we must be doing something right.
are you ok Sakura?

sparky

sakura Fri 19-Aug-11 13:03:49

yes, thank you sparky smile

Blethermouse Fri 19-Aug-11 13:04:46

is it mumsnet sucks? I have reported the page for abuse

sakura Fri 19-Aug-11 13:05:45

apparently it's a different one. cba finding out which

SybilBeddows Fri 19-Aug-11 13:06:34

is it the antimumsnet blog?

AuntieMonica Fri 19-Aug-11 13:06:41

if it's the one i think it is, it just shows what a sad life certain individuals have.

to be all-consumed with such bile is amazing, MN Fems have hit a nerve, good work!

<links arms and starts to sing>

sakura Fri 19-Aug-11 13:07:23

<Kumbayaaa>

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Fri 19-Aug-11 13:07:31

misandry101 are having a moan at the moment. hmm I wonder why, and who's behind it...

justforaminute Fri 19-Aug-11 13:28:28

the guy from mumsnetsucks has probly been sat there pullin hes pisser till its dropped off-the amount of threads that mnsucks has been mentioned.
this guy is so up hes own arse that hes even resorted to making stupid videos.

glad youre ok Sakura.

sparky

sakura Fri 19-Aug-11 13:29:37

"pullin his pisser till its dropped off"
BAHAHAHA!! thank you, sparky grin

Corvax Fri 19-Aug-11 13:31:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeBOF Fri 19-Aug-11 13:32:02

I doubt it's anything new- slagging us off is just what they do. They're like a White Power group or something- you are never going to convince them that they aren't oppressed. Best to focus on discussions with some common ground with less ranty types.

justforaminute Fri 19-Aug-11 13:33:27

Sakura[13.29]......wink

sparky

EldritchCleavage Fri 19-Aug-11 13:33:42

I thnk you are absolutely right to ignore it. Maybe we could start a new convention in this section where posters just come on and say 'Bovvered' whenever the trolling and abuse starts.

LeBOF Fri 19-Aug-11 13:35:38

I disagree, Corvax. I think it's more that they are genuinely contemptuous of MN feminists, and quite possibly see themselves as unfairly maligned in the world because they don't grasp the concept of men as a class which enjoys privilege, and men as individuals, who often like and respect women. Ironically, by taking up a cudgel out of defensiveness, they end up turning into wankers and representatives of the worst aspects of patriarchy. I bet some of them used to be perfectly nice.

SchrodingersMew Fri 19-Aug-11 13:35:51

I sent Sakura the link because I thought it was fair she knew.

I'd had a snoop on that Mumsnet sucks page to see what was being bitched about and the link had been posted.

I think it's probably that guy that I always see people telling to fuck off, was his name James or something? Any link to do with him I have seen normally goes back to that website.

sakura Fri 19-Aug-11 13:39:44

corvax thank you smile

Eldrich "just come on and say 'Bovvered' whenever the trolling and abuse starts."
good idea. Silly boys don't realise incidents like this create solidarity among women. We've seen and heard it all before.

LeBof "I bet some of them used to be perfectly nice. "LOL!

CRIKRI Fri 19-Aug-11 14:13:49

Ah, c'mon, spill. Some of us could do with some vacuous amusement on a Friday afternoon! smile

SchrodingersMew Fri 19-Aug-11 14:17:37

If anyone wants the link I will PM them it.

They really do talk a lot of shite. grin

AuntieMonica Fri 19-Aug-11 14:19:50

i rather like the irony in the Mumsnet Sucks fb page name...

grin

Prolesworth Fri 19-Aug-11 14:22:17

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now