Talk

Advanced search

Just tried to buy a domain and was offered Mr/Ms....

(13 Posts)
ThePosieParker Wed 17-Aug-11 08:16:39

isn't that great!!

catsareevil Wed 17-Aug-11 08:20:11

Brilliant smile

jennyvaultsthewagons Wed 17-Aug-11 08:20:16

Computer says no...

angry at how we all have to arrange ourselves into some moronic programmer's drop-down list.

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Wed 17-Aug-11 09:00:19

It's an improvement. grin I get rather irate at forever being stuck with websites which seem to think "Ms" doesn't exist.

jennyvaultsthewagons Wed 17-Aug-11 09:26:32

Whoops - I misread this: though it said Mr/Mrs only. Apologies!

Still angry at drop-down boxes in general though.

SybilBeddows Wed 17-Aug-11 11:08:19

splendid!

SybilBeddows Wed 17-Aug-11 11:09:43

(I do love the really extreme drop-down boxes, though, where they offer you every possible title the mind can conceive such as The Very Reverend and Admiral.)

QueenOfFeckingEverything Wed 17-Aug-11 11:12:34

I started a thread about this exact thing a while ago and was quite surprised at some posters saying how they felt it denied them the chance to use the Mrs title.

I thought it was great though.

steamedtreaclesponge Wed 17-Aug-11 11:16:55

I filled in a form recently and the default title option was 'Ms' - even before 'Mr'. Was quite pleasantly surprised. And then angry that this is such a rarity that I would even notice it.

QueenOfFeckingEverything Wed 17-Aug-11 11:19:53

Here

jennyvaultsthewagons Wed 17-Aug-11 12:19:26

Surely women should be allowed to use Mrs if they want to?

CleanSheetsAndSmoothLegs Thu 18-Aug-11 10:11:09

Funnily enough, I was feeling mildly irritated this morning because a website would only let me be Ms or Mrs (or Dr/Prof/Revd etc). I could see the point if it only allowed Ms full stop, but why on earth exclude Miss if you are including Mrs?

oiwheresthecoffee Thu 18-Aug-11 13:54:34

Someone from the council wrote Ms on my forms today without asking. (I had said i was unmaiired as part of the questions and the nature of what i was speaking to them about)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now