Talk

Advanced search

I’m on your side

(18 Posts)
Lottora Wed 03-Aug-11 10:15:25

I'm aware of the numerous problems. I used to glance past them, I admit it. But the problems remained. Comparable rights. I support them and YOU. I know it feels like one goes over the hill. But we are strong together. We set the wheel in motion and carry on with a clear conscience. Just remember as things change, I am still on your side.

BitOfFun Wed 03-Aug-11 10:21:07

Thanks- that should help keep me going when throwing off the shackles of women's oppression seems like too much some days...

PatRiarchy Thu 04-Aug-11 04:34:58

Errr, how are females oppressed again? If females are oppressed then men must be equally oppressed since they both live in the same society under the same laws. Females get paid equal money for equal work for example. Now I know feminists say that a secretary in a nice clean air conditioned office working 9 to 5 Monday to Friday should get the same pay as an underground miner working shift work on a 7 day roster covering 24 hours a day who risks his life every time he goes to work. Obviously that would be fair and reasonable otherwise there is going to be a disparity between the average male earnings and average female earnings. Have you brought this up with the Unions to scrap any extra pay a man might receive for risking his life? Another thing I can't understand is why, if females are getting paid so much less than men for the same work as feminists portray, why aren't men hiring females so they pay less wages and get richer quicker?
Then again I suppose it could be more feminist lies used to vilify and denigrate men unjustly. It seems to be a pattern with feminists doesn't it. Not one negative claim about men ever made by any feminist anywhere at any time is true. Example; The Rule of Thumb is codified in Blackstone's "Commentaries on the Laws of England" written some 450 years ago and the basis of the legal system today that a man could beat his wife with a switch as long as it was no thicker than his thumb. Outright LIE. Blackstone made no such commentary and, of course, the reverse is true. Under English law in a gold field in Victoria Australia a man threw his wife's clothes from the tent and burnt them. There was no mention of where she was or even her name. A military tribunal of English officers fined him 50 pounds which is equivalent to about 30,000 pounds in today's terms.

tethersend Thu 04-Aug-11 04:44:52

Nothing to add, just marking my place; this one's going to be a corker.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Thu 04-Aug-11 04:52:02

Oh, I'm reporting Pat as we go. Clear trollage, given that he's spending his time posting MRA platitudes in every thread.

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 04-Aug-11 08:21:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Thu 04-Aug-11 08:23:07

Although I have to admit, a Lottora/Pat thread has a certain sort of beauty to it.

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 04-Aug-11 08:23:48

LRDTheFeministDragon Thu 04-Aug-11 08:57:08

For some reason, Pat's post reminds me of that excellent thread about folk songs ... I foresee a new chart-topper with Pat mourning the loss of the good ol' days where he could beat his wife, eat cholera pie and earn a fair wage before all this new fangled modernity.

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 04-Aug-11 08:59:51

tethersend Thu 04-Aug-11 10:46:35

Ah, they don't make threads like that any more...

sockpoppet Thu 04-Aug-11 10:49:45

<hides thread>

ChristinedePizan Thu 04-Aug-11 10:50:37

Oh dear, poor Pat is quite mad isn't he?

AuntieMonica Thu 04-Aug-11 10:57:13

i knew i had planned to stay at home all day for a good reason grin

CaptainNancy Thu 04-Aug-11 11:10:40

There may be equal pay legislation, but there is still a gap (of 20% I believe) between male and female pay.

OP- no idea what you're trying to convey.

nenevomito Thu 04-Aug-11 11:11:20

Is the OP channelling Gabby?

tethersend Thu 04-Aug-11 11:17:35

The OP is Pat, no?

It's just that they posted that same old broken dishwasher joke in January <consults spreadsheet> and were completely lucid then.

nenevomito Thu 04-Aug-11 11:19:45

Well at least its more amusing than the other two blindingly obvious trolls on these boards at the mo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now