Talk

Advanced search

Parenting and Gender - article I was looking for when this discussion came up on a recent thread

(5 Posts)
LRDTheFeministNutcase Sat 23-Jul-11 17:32:47

I had this article in mind when we ended up discussing gender and parenting on the Separtist Feminism thread. Obviously, it's mostly anecdotal rather than anything else, but an interesting read. I'm sure it was linked to at the time, but I think it ties in nicely to some of th discussions that have come up recently on the boards about what women-only households.

Hope that's ok! Here we are:

www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/dec/12/lesbian-mothers-my-two-mums?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

LRDTheFeministNutcase Sat 23-Jul-11 17:33:34

Oh, sorry, meant to say - I couldn't find it earlier to link to, and don't now want to bump the Separatism thread as it was going a bit off-topic with this stuff anyway.

LeninGrad Sat 23-Jul-11 19:02:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LRDTheFeministNutcase Sat 23-Jul-11 19:05:11

I know it stands to reason - I wasn't trying to suggest it was new or surprising, only I wanted to post in on here because one of the many digressions on that other thread seemed to be partly about the old (and unsubstantiated) claim that married straight couples make the best parents - I don't want to further derail that thread by posting it there nearly a week later, but I'm hoping anyone who was interested in those issues and is reading the board may be able to find it.

LeninGrad Sat 23-Jul-11 19:11:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now