Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else going to the pro-choice demo on Saturday?

(11 Posts)
RamblingRosa Thu 07-Jul-11 08:38:30

Details here

I'll be there.

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 07-Jul-11 15:58:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

slug Thu 07-Jul-11 16:03:27

I shall wave at you Rambling Rose.

PurpleStrawberryGuava Thu 07-Jul-11 16:10:34

I don't have Facebook, can anyone give me the details?

This is something I believe in most strongly, particularly because in in the country my parents are originally from, abortion is still illegal. This means there is a high number of deaths from women having 'backstreet' abortions.

As a result of this, protecting choice on abortion in the UK, is one of the causes I feel most strongly about.

slug Thu 07-Jul-11 17:59:53

Saturday, July 9. Old Palace Yard, Westminster. 1:30pm More info here

PurpleStrawberryGuava Thu 07-Jul-11 18:06:57

Many thanks slug.

I've got a child free day on Saturday, as DH is having a 'dad day' with the DCs, so I'm going to go and show my support.

DontCallMePeanut Thu 07-Jul-11 18:25:43

If I'd known about it earlier, I'd have been there.

RamblingRosa Sat 09-Jul-11 19:45:17

Were you there Slug? It was good wasn't it? Not a huge turnout but not bad.

ll31 Sun 10-Jul-11 01:41:17

am from country where abortion is illegal also ... but.. despite holding feminst views... I have problems with abortion - I find myself unable to hold definitive iew - however I am hoping you had good day

slug Mon 11-Jul-11 10:01:41

Yes I was there <<looks around shiftily>> I had an "interesting" conversation witha bible weilding man and a far mor intellectual chat with a 4 year old girl.

PurpleStrawberryGuava Mon 11-Jul-11 10:21:27

I wish I could have gone, but my DD was ill over Friday night, so I had to stay home on Saturday to look after her while DH took the other three DCs out.

I'm glad the turnout was good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now