Hullygully Tue 05-Jul-11 10:28:59

Good luck with that, darling.

LeninGrad Tue 05-Jul-11 10:31:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hullygully Tue 05-Jul-11 10:36:40

Oh yes postsing

After a good ol singsong

AwesomePan Tue 05-Jul-11 11:05:57

I suspect the FS is a different to alot of sections - it raises issues which ask us 'what role do you play as a woman/man?' - which is a bit more demanding than 'what sort of cat food do you use? (with respect to cat lovers, obv.).

I think it's okay to quote across threads - it's like asking in a RL conversation 'but 5 mins ago you said the opposite - which is true please?' It keeps the quality of debate consistently higher.

wrongdecade Tue 05-Jul-11 11:09:13

I have noticed this too 'you make a habit of these posts etc' its a bit stalkery hmm

TrillianAstra Tue 05-Jul-11 11:12:12

I'm not very good at singing so I'll stick to to the post-sing smile

buzzsore Tue 05-Jul-11 11:13:40

I do think what people say on other threads can be relevant, like there was a poster claiming his right to be called a feminist but his advice & posts elsewhere undermined that claim, imo. (Not that I brought it up at the time, I suppose, but it did colour my reactions to him).

I'd like to assume good faith but sometimes it's obviously not the case. If there were obviously contradictory positions taken on different threads, it does seem fair to point it out, as it's a waste of time engaging with someone seriously if they're playing games.

LeninGrad Tue 05-Jul-11 11:15:15

scaredoflove Tue 05-Jul-11 11:21:27

Someone described feminism as being all the shades from the palest pink to the deepest magenta - I think that is a good description

Maybe people could accept that not everyone is deep magenta - they might be there one day or they might not - it doesn't make them anti feminists

Many posters are somewhere in the middle or have mixed views, it doesn't make them trolls

I like to see a range of views and those views being able to be voiced

wrongdecade Tue 05-Jul-11 17:18:27

I think there should be a respect for the seperateness of what a poster may haver posted on another thread e.g. another mood/ other stuff going on

and then if thats brought into a heated argument might be very upsetting for them does, Its often used as a sort of playground tatic makes me very uneasy that make any sense?

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 05-Jul-11 17:26:20

LeninGrad Tue 05-Jul-11 19:46:50

LeninGrad Tue 05-Jul-11 19:48:27

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 05-Jul-11 20:51:51

LeninGrad Tue 05-Jul-11 20:53:28

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 05-Jul-11 20:56:26

LeninGrad Tue 05-Jul-11 20:59:36

Goblinchild Tue 05-Jul-11 21:03:31

I think the feminist board is well-established now, and far too sturdy to be ripped up and thrown away. What grounds would MN have to even think of stopping it?
Just because there are a few people, me included, wiffling around on the edges, asking questions and talking about perspectives and variants of feminism outside this board is no threat to anything it represents surely?

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 05-Jul-11 21:09:01

toddlerwrangler Tue 05-Jul-11 21:30:17

Hi LeninGrad,

I'm really impressed that despite the way recent threads have gone you are still trying to listen to what some people have had to say about the feminism section.

This is a sensible post and one that should be considered by pretty much all members I think.

Some people will know my up and down history here. I lurk from time to time but actually this section is so interesting I'd like to come back. Hopefully your comments will betaken on board by others - and me, and I can do so smile

LeninGrad Tue 05-Jul-11 21:34:16

LeninGrad Tue 05-Jul-11 21:39:44

TheFarSideOfFuck Tue 05-Jul-11 22:08:32

I really do have to stop getting into stupid, pointless arguments with trolls and other shit-stirrers

I try to ignore, but it's not in my nature and end up getting embroiled in bickering and trading personal insults

it's really crap of me and a personal failing of mine

it derails threads and feeds into some people's perspective that feminists are bitter ol' man-haters (I am talking purely about myself here, not a general point about anyone or everyone else)

will try harder blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now