Talk

Advanced search

Can someone do a bit of metaphorical hand holding please? Sorry to post here but don't want to go onto chat and get in a bunfight.

(24 Posts)
LRDTheFeministNutcase Thu 30-Jun-11 15:02:06

I've just read the bit in Caitlin Moran's book about her abortion and I'm feeling awful - can someone talk to me a bit, just about anything, I just want to be a bit distracted.

I don't know if it's ok to post here but I didn't know where else to post that wouldn't start a stupid pro/anti abortion debate and I don't want to do that, I'm just a bit shaken.

TrilllianAstra Thu 30-Jun-11 15:03:12

Hey ho LRD.

You know your name is a bit like PIN number?

It says dragon twice smile

TrilllianAstra Thu 30-Jun-11 15:03:24

Duh, except it doesn't blush

It did though....

loiner45 Thu 30-Jun-11 15:05:02

kittens? very distracting grin just got 2 myself (the kids think they belong to them - hah! no cat has ever come into this house and not ended up my devoted companion!)

I've bought the CM book - not had a chance to read it yet - but are you enjoying it overall?

LRDTheFeministNutcase Thu 30-Jun-11 15:05:09

grin

Yeah, that did occur to me when I initially changed it ... but I like people calling me LRD, I'm used to it. So I kept it.

TrilllianAstra Thu 30-Jun-11 15:06:22

This is a nice calming website of tea and kittens

LRDTheFeministNutcase Thu 30-Jun-11 15:06:35

Kittens sound lovely - what colours?

The CM is good in places, great in others - but also a bit crap and a bit 'I'm trying hard to look cool, and where feminism comes up against looking cool, I choose looking cool'.

LRDTheFeministNutcase Thu 30-Jun-11 15:07:11

That is a gorgeous site - thanks! smile

AliceWhirledSupportsTheStrike Thu 30-Jun-11 15:08:49

hey LRD

(Trillian I don't get your joke. Am i fick?)

AliceWhirledSupportsTheStrike Thu 30-Jun-11 15:09:40

more kitten

steamedtreaclesponge Thu 30-Jun-11 15:09:43

Aah, I saw CM at Glastonbury and was soooo excited - she was definitely my top celeb spot blush

Was too shy to go and say anything though. Haven't read the book yet but from the extracts that were in the paper and from what other people have said it sounds like a bit of a mixed bag. Still want to give it a try though.

And as for distraction - how about squee?

PrinceHumperdink Thu 30-Jun-11 15:10:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrilllianAstra Thu 30-Jun-11 15:12:11

I think the book is a memoir that has been wrongly advertised as a feminist treatise. It makes much mre sense if you think of it as "this is the story of how I grew up and became and adult".

I thught LRD was still calling herself LRDTheFeministDragon - LRD stands for LittleRedDragon so that would be LittleRedDragonTheFeministDragon.

LRDTheFeministNutcase Thu 30-Jun-11 15:12:39

Kittens! Thanks Alice.

steamed The CM book was on the buy one get one half price in Smiths and I had 5 hours on th train ... that's the only reason I had it really. It was good for freaking out men in pinstripe suits though - chapter titles like 'I get my period!'.

PrinceHumperdink Thu 30-Jun-11 15:12:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LRDTheFeministNutcase Thu 30-Jun-11 15:13:57

Thanks PH. smile

Trillian - I agree (d'you think by now there's a massive gravitational 'I agree with Trillian' vortex surrounding MN?)

AliceWhirledSupportsTheStrike Thu 30-Jun-11 15:14:02

Ah PIN number, personal identification number number! Never spotted that.

LRDTheFeministNutcase Thu 30-Jun-11 15:17:07

Oh, the PIN number thing drives my DH up the wall. Likewise 'ATM Machine'

turdassmuthafukka Thu 30-Jun-11 15:20:45

A tautology?

LRDTheFeministNutcase Thu 30-Jun-11 15:21:04

PH .... just getting into that site, it's great, thanks! grin

TrilllianAstra Thu 30-Jun-11 15:24:08

You've seen Hyperbole and a Half right?

LRDTheFeministNutcase Thu 30-Jun-11 15:29:17

grin I love the cake story, that's brilliant!

How do you find these things?!

TrilllianAstra Thu 30-Jun-11 15:33:51

I think I found H&aH via the Alot.

LRDTheFeministNutcase Thu 30-Jun-11 15:35:55

It is absolutely wonderful. Thanks!

And thanks everyone so much. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now