Talk

Advanced search

Anyone on MN *never* been flashed at?

(109 Posts)
depob Mon 20-Jun-11 23:47:43

Just wondering if there is any women who has never had to experience this.

piprabbit Mon 20-Jun-11 23:48:23

Me.

BitOfFun Mon 20-Jun-11 23:49:16

Not me.

FromGirders Mon 20-Jun-11 23:49:39

I never have.

TakeItOnTheChins Mon 20-Jun-11 23:49:48

Me.

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 20-Jun-11 23:50:38

Not me.

Have had some creep stroking my bottom on a crowded tube once.

BitOfFun Mon 20-Jun-11 23:50:48

Or is that a double negative? I have never been flashed at. Unless you count willy waggling in your own home.

suzikettles Mon 20-Jun-11 23:51:55

Not me. Groped by a couple of strangers but never flashed.

Jacksmania Tue 21-Jun-11 00:12:49

Me.

Unless you count boyfriend many years ago doing "the helicopter" for me.

duchesse Tue 21-Jun-11 00:20:36

I was flashed at 21, on the Tube of all places, by some utter saddo in a long Aran sweater, erection and cowboy boots. Will remember it to this day. <urgh>

So not me then.

MollysChamber Tue 21-Jun-11 00:31:24

Nope, never.

CointreauVersial Tue 21-Jun-11 00:48:12

No, never.

I am not sure how I'd react if it happened - I'd like to think I'd say something amusing and deflating like "oooh, like a penis, only smaller" but I'd probably be [shocked].

magicmummy1 Tue 21-Jun-11 00:52:26

Never.

But I have been groped by seedy stranger on a bus. sad

Nevermindthebotox Tue 21-Jun-11 01:01:35

I went to an all girls school, our uniforms were like flasher magnets. We used to compare the various methods and found it quite funny. My favourite was the 'not wearing trousers or pants in the car' method, where they drive alongside and open the car door. (although we always went around in groups - not funny if you're on your own.)

CheerfulYank Tue 21-Jun-11 01:17:47

My friend and I were walking once and some creep was following us (on a bicycle) with his hands down his pants, but thankfully we didn't have to see anything.

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 21-Jun-11 01:30:20

I've been flashed. I was walking home from secondary school, past the cemetary with some of my friends. As we were walking by he called out and we all turned around and faced it. It was the first time I had seen a real life penis. We were sooooo shocked.

We called out (to the school across the road), while J and N climbed over the railings to get him.

He ran away. What a wuss.

blackcurrants Tue 21-Jun-11 02:22:34

I've been flashed in Central Park, walking a dog at 8am.

I wasn't shocked or upset. I was fucking FURIOUS.

That could have been a kid!

There were cops in the park, on little golf-buggies. I sent them after him.

hazeyjane Tue 21-Jun-11 02:54:20

i have been flashed at, and hate the fact that it is seen as something amusing.

When i was flashed at, i was 19, it was 2am in the morning, i was cycling home and had a puncture, so had to walk the last bit, i heard a voice behind me, turned round and saw a man, stood there with an erection, he had a stocking over his face, i remember thinking, 'my god he's going to kill me', i don't know why, i was so scared i picked up my bike(!) and ran as fast as i could , when i got home i had to stay in my friends room - shared house. the next day i reported it to the police, and even the policewoman found it amusing, it really, really wasn't.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 21-Jun-11 03:45:24

When I was 14 me and a friend were sitting in a Cathedral in a big city in Germany (exchange trip) whose name escapes me <old gimmer> and the guy along the pew was masturbating.

Never in this Country though.

Jacksmania Tue 21-Jun-11 04:47:10

Oh. Hmmm, well, I just remembered something, but I don't know if it counts as flashing. I was in Freiburg, Germany, biking along the river around mid-day, and there was a homeless man sat on a park bench along the river, with this trousers round his ankles, wanking away in plain sight. It was one of those utterly improbable "does not compute" things - I was cycling towards him, I saw him and what he was doing but utterly failed to process what my eyes were seeing, even as I biked past. He never stopped as I zipped past, and when I finally took in what I'd just seen I nearly fell off my bike.

So does that count then?

snowmama Tue 21-Jun-11 06:23:08

Me, I have never been flashed at. Wish there more of us able to say that to both flashing and other kinds of sexual assault (where sadly I would have give another answer).

AurraSing Tue 21-Jun-11 06:36:17

jacksmania Erm,yes.
I've been flashed at twice, once when I was about 7 walking home from school and later as an adult in Egypt. I didn't feel intimidated either time, just cross.

EttiKetti Tue 21-Jun-11 06:39:24

Never.

duckymum Tue 21-Jun-11 06:40:23

Never, thankfulkly

mrsravelstein Tue 21-Jun-11 06:41:31

never

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now