Talk

Advanced search

Daily Mail printing Hate Speech.

(6 Posts)
firemansamantha Thu 16-Jun-11 12:06:19

Comments on this article which is about less female babies being born.

Daily Mail have printed this: " This is a good thing, as women are only really needed for giving birth, there should not be equality, as men are clearly biologically stronger, so "man"kind as whole will benefit."

I know the DM is a misogyinist piece of shit but are they legally entitled to publish hate speech like this?

sunshineandbooks Thu 16-Jun-11 12:13:57

My guess is that they've covered their backs with the 'the views expressed here do not necessarily reflect' bit. I expect they probably will remove it but they will be in no hurry to do so.

How many people actually read the comments I wonder. I always assumed given the demographic of the DM that it would be full of right-wing misogynistic crap anyway. Even if they didn't allow comments, they've only got to read the articles to shore up viewpoints like that. wink

firemansamantha Thu 16-Jun-11 12:17:48

It's been on there for 10 days, yes you could be right about the legal side of things.

I tried to comment on something on there before (god knows why i bothered) and they heavily edited what I said. But that comment is allowed to stand (maybe it was even worse before?)

I just can't work out if they'd go ahead and publish something like this if it was racism rather than sexism, e.g. "" This is a good thing, as there should not be equality, as white people are clearly biologically stronger, so "man"kind as whole will benefit."

worldgonecrazy Thu 16-Jun-11 12:19:08

Perhaps the DM should have printed the biological reason that there are more baby boys born than girls - baby boys are more likely to suffer stillbirth, early infant mortality, should they make it to teen years bravado/car crashes or the modern equivalent of proving manhood sees off a few more and then in middle age they die earlier. That would have shut that stupid poster up.

NasalCoffeeEnema Thu 16-Jun-11 12:21:55

World got there before me. The stuff about them being biologically stronger is tosh anyway. They need more cos they're weaker not stronger.

firemansamantha Thu 16-Jun-11 19:40:55

To their credit, some people have made that same comment on there about females being more resilient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now