Talk

Advanced search

Daily Mail invents a new physical flaw for women to worry about in what is possibly the most POINTLESS article ever. I challenge you to find a worse article.

(51 Posts)
Greythorne Wed 25-May-11 06:58:05

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1390592/As-Cheryl-Cole-reveals-fellow-sufferer-bemoans-curse-cankles.html

Greythorne Wed 25-May-11 06:59:52

here

Goblinchild Wed 25-May-11 07:06:53

And the article was written by a woman. sad Why create imaginary defects instead of looking at a variety of forms as all good?

SmellsLikeTeenStrop Wed 25-May-11 08:13:22

I've stared and stared at Cheryl Cole's feet but I don't see what the problem is. What are 'normal and attractive' ankles supposed to look like?

SmellsLikeTeenStrop Wed 25-May-11 08:14:30

Fake ETA - a while ago I read something by somebody who was belly aching over the unattractiveness of where her arm meets her torso. Seriously.

Bumfuzzle Wed 25-May-11 08:18:48

Oh bloody hell.

WHEN is society going to stop making the only important thing about a woman how she looks?

this woman's ankles. What bloody dress princess catherine was wearing to meet the president, how slim she looked...

What was Obama wearing? Did HE have cankles? Was his suit a flattering colour? Did his trousers make his cock look big?

FFS!!!!!!!! AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

SixtyFootDoll Wed 25-May-11 08:20:07

I don't think Cheryl should lose any sleep over this article

bamboobutton Wed 25-May-11 08:22:17

same as SLTS, i've stared and stared and stared a bit more and still can't see what is supposed to wrong with her ankles.

AyeRobot Wed 25-May-11 08:24:40

I don't think the DM invented cankles. Do a search on MN and you'll see that there is loads of advice on how to dress to minimise them.

What a load of shite.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 25-May-11 08:25:21

'fellow-sufferers'? confused

Pictures of perfectly normal feet and ankles. I think whoever wrote this has a problem, and its at the other end of her body.

AnnieLobeseder Wed 25-May-11 08:27:50

I am speechless.

allhailtheaubergine Wed 25-May-11 08:30:47

"...I gasped aloud in sympathy"

FFS.

RubberDuck Wed 25-May-11 08:30:50

WTF?! I've just stared at that picture for ages and can't see a damn thing wrong with her ankles. What on earth were we supposed to be looking at?!

Borisneedsahaircut Wed 25-May-11 08:31:12

OFFS Honestly! This stuff makes me mad, I just feel terrible for the poor people who have REAL problems which can make their lives so miserable. It really does make me so sick.

RubberDuck Wed 25-May-11 08:34:39

Actually, I feel miserable about my right ankle at the moment, but nowt to do with "cankles" - I've done something odd to it while exercising and it's really sore when I put weight on it! And even that will be temporary (I very much hope!)

TrillianAstra Wed 25-May-11 08:34:54

If you want to talk about the Daily Mail without boosting their figures (becase the advertisers will give them more money if they have more pageviews) try istyosty.com/. It lets you link to the Mail so people can see what you are talking about, but you don't boost their numbers.

TrillianAstra Wed 25-May-11 08:35:30

The word "cankles" isn't new by the way.

dittany Wed 25-May-11 08:37:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Al0uiseG Wed 25-May-11 08:38:17

Erm, don't read the DM at all.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 25-May-11 08:38:22

>becase the advertisers will give them more money if they have more pageviews
silly advertisers. Who on earth glances at ads when they're fuming over a DM 'story'

SmellsLikeTeenStrop Wed 25-May-11 08:44:06

I'm aware that cankles have been around a while but it's new to me that underweight women are now being accused of having them. Previously I've only ever heard the word used to describe the lower legs of those who are morbidly obese.

TrillianAstra Wed 25-May-11 08:57:21

Advertisers tend to assume that every pageview is an I like this pageview.

MooncupGoddess Wed 25-May-11 09:37:23

'Forget her previous woes (being cuckolded by a philandering former husband or flattened by a dose of malaria), this was worse — much worse. And as a cankles sufferer, I should know.' grin

Wasn't there a Victorian obsession with a 'nicely turned ankle'? I guess because that was the furthest up anyone was allowed to see so it had an erotic charge. As a Victorian novel-reading child I spent some time staring at my ankles trying to decide if they were nicely turned. (The answer is no, not at all, but it hasn't bothered me from that moment to this.)

Prolesworth Wed 25-May-11 09:41:12

Message withdrawn

whomovedmychocolate Wed 25-May-11 09:46:02

I'm still unsure of what a cankle is. But I can't see anything wrong with any of those ankles myself. confused

Typical Daily Mail crap if you ask me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: