Talk

Advanced search

More victim-blaming shite from Roger Helmer MEP

(39 Posts)
Prolesworth Sun 22-May-11 14:08:11

Message withdrawn

CantTell Sun 22-May-11 14:09:54

Oh what a dick

What is this, 'Old farts with no political future stick together' week?

AyeRobot Sun 22-May-11 14:15:06

Peter Hitchens is taking the same tack in the Mail, surprise surprise.

I don't think it is a stretch to assume that men who have views like this are either rapists or would be rapists given the opportunity.

They make me want to hurl.

AuntieMonica Sun 22-May-11 14:19:41

what a complete dangle-berry of a man he is

i couldn't get past his 2nd scenario of murder, where the 'young husband found is bride in flagrante delicto'

perhaps this end of the world shite has actually turned back time and we're in medieval times

god's wounds to you sir! in that case

CantTell Sun 22-May-11 14:20:44

I agree AyeRobot. Have seen this in RL as well

Prolesworth Sun 22-May-11 14:25:33

Message withdrawn

swallowedAfly Sun 22-May-11 14:34:55

Message withdrawn

Mamaz0n Sun 22-May-11 14:36:36

the man is clearly a total prick with zero understanding of the law.

One was an act of passion, on impulse and would be defended on grounds of severe provocation and mitigating cicrumstances. Would possibly result in Manslaughter rather than murder.

The second was a pre meditated and deliberate act which is also coinciding with other crimes.

two very very different cases not even slightly similar.

As for his second scenario of "date rape" there are no words to describe teh anger i feel about people in positions of power who perpetuate the myth that A) women go to bed naked and then change their minds at the last minute after foreplay but before penetration on a regular basis B) that men are such primative creatures that they are unable to control themselves whilst in the company of a naked woman.

The man is moronic. I actaully believe that he finds both "secodn scenarios" are acceptable and totally excusable.

aliceliddell Sun 22-May-11 14:40:00

I've left a message. Roger <yes! Roger> probably won't like it. Good. I don't like Roger. Well spotted, Prolesworth!

swallowedAfly Sun 22-May-11 14:44:00

Message withdrawn

swallowedAfly Sun 22-May-11 14:45:00

Message withdrawn

celadon Sun 22-May-11 14:46:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mamaz0n Sun 22-May-11 14:48:17

yes that sentance made my heart sink. It so clearly shows his true feelings towards women and sex and his rights as a man.

Prolesworth Sun 22-May-11 14:54:15

Message withdrawn

swallowedAfly Sun 22-May-11 14:55:58

Message withdrawn

vesuvia Sun 22-May-11 14:58:21

The Daily Mail article is double-speak. It's the usual inversion of reality fantasy of "feminism has already conquered the patriarchy and destroyed the world in the process. The brave but cowered remnants of patriarchy must fight back to save the world from further disaster".

It's not like that in my world.

It's hopeless to expect them to discuss what is actually happening in the real world.

swallowedAfly Sun 22-May-11 15:34:02

Message withdrawn

AuntieMonica Sun 22-May-11 15:35:42

yeah, go on then swallowedAfly

i'm a bit busy now but will have the evening to myself, can you post email details so i can fire some off later please?

PenguinArmy Sun 22-May-11 15:48:24

That whole article is sickening and all examples based on a man not being able to control himself because of what he feels for 'his woman'.

AyeRobot Sun 22-May-11 15:53:38

He doesn't believe in the existence of homophobia, climate change, MEP expenses reform or speed limits but does believe in clubbing baby seals, according to his wikipedia entry.

Very heartened by the comments under the article on his blog.

Prolesworth Sun 22-May-11 16:30:32

Message withdrawn

AliceWhirled Sun 22-May-11 16:39:52

SAF and AuntMonica, it's Mr D Cameron, 10 Downing Street, London. grin

TheCrackFox Sun 22-May-11 16:47:31

We should welcome these type of comments and articles because it really helps to spot a potential rapist or already practicing rapist. Really sorte the wheat from the chaf.

swallowedAfly Sun 22-May-11 16:49:02

Message withdrawn

InmaculadaConcepcion Mon 23-May-11 09:54:03

I'd like to bang their heads together (Hitchens and Helmer).

Rape: "a dispute about consent" (Hitchens) angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now