Talk

Advanced search

thread in AIBU really pissing me off; Working women to blame for expensive housing costs.

(15 Posts)
BonniePrinceBilly Wed 15-Dec-10 12:31:57

here

Portofino Wed 15-Dec-10 12:32:46

Why don't you post on THAT thread then?

BonniePrinceBilly Wed 15-Dec-10 12:34:57

I did. I thought someone from this topic might like to post on it to.

Is there something wrong with that?

meltedmarsbars Wed 15-Dec-10 12:37:42

Why is it so wrong to note that a side effect of dual-income families is that they can afford to pat higher housing prices?

hmm

meltedmarsbars Wed 15-Dec-10 12:38:07

pay not pat!

BonniePrinceBilly Wed 15-Dec-10 12:42:55

Because its about taking a complex issue with many factors and blaming it on one small part of it, namely that more families have 2 incomes (ie more women have jobs). Its making the fact that more women ahve jobs and more mothers in particular work a bad thing, IMO.

I thought it was appropriate to link to this topic, sorry, I'll piss off back to chat then.

ElfPantsAtMidnightMass Wed 15-Dec-10 13:04:58

thanks for link, BPB. Portofino can return to her beat as MN thread police happy.

Pantofino Wed 15-Dec-10 18:13:53

Thread police! <<huffs>> Actually I didn't notice this was in Feminism, just thought OP was generally moaning about another thread. So actually, I apologise! There probably is a point in addressing the argument from this perspective.

ElfPantsAtMidnightMass Wed 15-Dec-10 18:15:53

Ah right <hides secret santa gift of police helmet behind back> grin

BonniePrinceBilly Wed 15-Dec-10 18:30:25

Nah, I'd only do a fred about a fred if I had a really good reason...honest guv! grin

Pantofino Wed 15-Dec-10 18:53:57

<<nicks Police helmet>> grin

bibbitybobbitysantahat Wed 15-Dec-10 18:58:07

Why is it pissing you off so much? The vast majority of respondents on the original thread don't agree with the op.

BonniePrinceBilly Wed 15-Dec-10 21:55:39

They don't now but I got my knickers in a bunch way back when this morning.

Ormirian Wed 15-Dec-10 21:58:11

It was a pointless thread TBH. Because, whatever the truth of it, short of forcing all working women back home I don't know how you do anything about it.

It riled me because it's exactly what my MIL says.

BaronessBomburst Wed 15-Dec-10 22:57:43

I couldn't bring myself to read that one, but might have to wander over for a look now.........

My initial reaction to the title was 'oh FFS! Next, please' and to look for anything with MIL in the title

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now